1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendations For Garage Exhaust Venting

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by johnny, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Recommendations for Garage Exhaust Venting

I have been looking for a pipe system or should I just look at a big fan. Got some of that Aluminium flexible pipe for ducting but it just blew through

#1 johnny, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  2. Something like a shower extractor or an old over the cooker hob extractor thingyeemajig depending on where you are venting out either through a wall or the roof?

• Like Like x 1
  3. The garage door!! :cool:

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Tumble drier venting kit with a fan.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I used something very similar to this for running up the race cars in my workshop.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portable-...638130?hash=item25e2c96032:g:uSIAAOSwoVNZ6OEC

Is handy because it is portable and can be configured differently. I recall mine has hi/low speed and you can obviously turn it 180 deg if you want it to suck or blow.

I still have it somewhere but it has overspray on it now.

I also used it to blow air through the side pod, to keep water temp down while oil temp rises.
    My Race car had no cooling fans but I could run it for extended periods with this..

If you rest the hose on the exhaust tip it will slowly melt but is pretty hardy, you can improvise something.. I had the exhaust inside the hose and it was not sealed, so was sucking air from the room too. I was going to make an adaptor but never got round to it.

I also had something very similar to this (the fan blade was probably 24") as a wall mounted extractor fan in a previous single garage, but that was for extracting paint (clearance) fumes. Not local to source.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COMMERCIA...hash=item35db8393e9:m:mFb5SLv6vANW5GTmv0OOeUQ

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information