1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Recommendations For Remapping

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by DjM, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to go to check or possibly remap my 749 .
    It has a full termi system on it and dp Air filters .
    Think it needs to go on a dyno and remapped properly , not keen on using power commander type of things , I'd prefer the ecu to be done if possible .
    Anyone in or around the Essex area ??
    Thanks in advance

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Chris @ CJS & Mark @ BSD Performance | The home of motorcycle performance tuning (they're in Peterborough) seem to be the 2 most often mentioned and highly rated. Personally I used Mark purely due to location and his work transformed my Hyper. As I've quoted here in the past the remap Mark did for me (and other say the same about CJS) was the best value mod v benefit change I've ever made to a bike, it's was £350 very very well spent.

3. Thanks very much for that .
    I was hoping for someone abit closer but if that's where they are I guess that's where I'll go . Unless someone comes up with a closer recommendation of course .
    Peterborough is closer out of the two so far so I'll speak to them I think :)

4. Isn't there a place called Moto V or similar in Colchester? Maybe call them and ask if they could recommend somewhere.

5. Or have you spoken to Hyside (what a bad name)? Their in Essex I believe, maybe they can recommend someone.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. There's an idea , I could try and speak to Glen at moto v in the morning before I book in at bsd .
    I'm fairly certain that the ecu isn't the correct one , ie the one that I was told was on it when I bought it .
    I should have the one that came with the exhaust system and Air filters , I think it's been swapped out at some point .
    The current one come up in jp diag as a standard ecu .
    On the track you get a flat spot between 4-5000 rpm , you can ride around it by rolling the gas on slower but .. I'd rather it be checked out .
    Or flashed with the map that it should have .. ie the termi one that it should have as I'm fairly sure it is supplied with the system ??
    It's the full system from the head's I think it's 54mm , both pipes go underneath then it returns up around the outside of the swingarm ( like a big banana lol ) , up and under to the silencer .
    Any ideas or advice on sorting it out would be great .
    Anyone local has the correct maps and done this before ??

7. Ecu info and pics of pipe work
    ECU modelnumber : 28640851H
    Hardware Version : IAW5AMHW610
    Hardware Revision : 00
    Software Version : 2218DS29
    Software Revision : 0000
    Homologation n# : 5AMBQ
    ISO Code : B0 0C 00 02 BF
    Tester Code : DUC
    MFD : 20 04 11 23
    Serial n# : 4KMCT44BE

IMAG0054.jpg

IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

8. Moto Rapido in Winchester

9. Is that a 57mm full system?
    I have one on my 749R, runs great with a PCIII that it came with.

10. I want a full system :-(

11. I think it's a 54mm system , tight enough with that ... 57mm .. blimey the must be shoe horned in there lol .
    I have looked into the power commander option today which I can get done locally and set up on a dyno .. but I have no idea how reliable these pc add ons are tbh .
    @nelly cheers for that :thumbsup:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Cheers Andy
    Makes an interesting read .
    I think I will stick to getting my ecu remapped

13. Easy......

CJS, my 749s runs absolutely perfect now, and the bonus is LOTS of torque. Next door to CJS is Louigi Moto, another top top Ducati expert. Worth a trip.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Did you end up getting your ECU remapped?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information