1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Recommendations Re Alu Billet Open Clutch Cover

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by mattb, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Hi All

I have a Bayliss 1098R coming soon and would like to fit a open clutch cover. Id really like a JHP billet half cover but cant find one anywhere and they dont make them anymore. It may take a year or two for one to come up on Ebay so in the meantime I would like to fit an alternative.

Id love to see what others have fitted and been happy with. I want one that would survive a bike drop so am ruling out CF.

I cant decide whether I like this or not:

https://www.carpimoto.it/en-GE/Bike...5B-Rizoma-Clutch-Cover-model-ZDM025-Black.htm

Any others?

Thanks very much

2. Billet au is a much misused term. To machine from a solid extruded billet is expensive and on large sizes rarely done for accessories. 7075 grade is expensive, has higher tensile strength but sliding along tarmac not really relevant. Most covers are made from spun/ pressed and annealed aluminium or castings machined. Just like your engine block.
    CF weight saving but only grams not kilos. Shreds in a full on slide. PE will yield but slide better.The stuff they make fairing bobbins from.
    All about cosmetic so pick the one you like. On a faired bike the real drop slide outcome is a mashed fairing, mirrors, levers etc..

3. Buy a second hand one and have it re-conditioned, a metal coating company just outside of ware in Hertfordshire come highly recommended but I can’t remember the name! A quick google should provide all the information you need

4. Any recommendations please?

5. (Ware).....is a town in Hertfordshire.
    I’ve asked the question for you just waiting for a reply:upyeah:

6. These chaps used to do nice clutch bits though i last used them a decade ago. I’ve got a clutch basket and cover from them on my Superlight . https://mpl-tuningparts.de/shop/ They also have an ebay shop though no vented covers listed at the mo.

7. Thanks Macca, their stuff looks very nice indeed.

8. I bought my bike with the Ducati performance open cover already on it and I'm consistently stressed about dropping a glove right into while it's warming up.
    Rizoma looks glove proof so that's probably ok.

9. This is the cover I use that is made for racing , it's designed to protect your clutch in the event of a crash. It doesn't show a lot of the clutch but I've personally crash tested it and it works.

20170806_085150_Burst01.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information