1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendations Requested For Spanish Track Day Medical Insurance

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Android853sp, Mar 31, 2018.

1. We are heading out to Almeria in May and having checked my usual track day insurance provider’s terms and conditions (BenGo), they specifically exclude treatment in a private hospital which is the first port of call for that track. Following the recent discussion on this forum, did anyone find a provider that offered an affordable policy which included treatment in a private hospital ? I did look at 4counties but you have to pre approve private treatment from your stretcher. Thanks. Andy

2. Depends on the TDO. FE don't let you out on track if you're not using a insurer they approve of as they use private hospitals of their choosing.

Personally, I use www.holidaysafe.co.uk as I don't use FE.

4 Counties are v.good, but more expensive than Holiday Safe and others.

Having to call the insurer to get treatment pre-approval is pretty much standard practice nowadays.

3. There's a ton of shit on FB regarding TD cover for Almeria, I won't regurgitate it all now. FE have or should have sent you a list of black listed insurance companies...Don't go by this alone as FE don't have a f*cking clue! BenGo are not on the list, but share the same underwriter, so the you'll have the same problem if you're unfortunate enough to end up at the private hospital, which you will if you do have an incident.
    Give BeMoto a call and discuss Purple Cover for Almeria. You need to call them for this. The silver and gold policies are not acceptable.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Happily I’m not there with FE but still require health insurance. Almeria’s own offering works out really expensive at 30€ a day each and I can’t get any sense from them about covering existing conditions but thanks for the heads up about BeMoto, I’ll talk to them on Tuesday. Cheers, Andy

5. Yes thanks, I’ll look at holidaysafe again but they weren’t to keen to cover my hypertensive high blood pressure the last time I asked. Andy

6. Holiday Safe are on the naughty list.

7. FE are poo!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. They cover me for HBP but it costs an extra £10 per trip. Holidaysafe, as said, are not on the list for Almeria.
    I rang holidaysafe this week with regard to the private hospital arrangement at Portimao, and they said they don't cover treatment in a private hospital and if I was taken there to ring them asap.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. I just did Almeria with FE.
    Called them first to check what is/isn’t acceptable by Almeria and was advised to look at Four Counties and Bemoto (purple policy).
    Four Counties was about £160. Bemoto was about half that so went with them.
    No issues on day 1 with acceptance by FE. All good.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Give Bemoto a call about their purple policy but make sure you get cover before you leave the Uk as any uk underwriter won’t cover you once you’ve travelled. I ended up getting cover at the track last time and it’s much more expensive

11. Let's hope Bemoto continue offering this policy.

12. £160, wow.

13. I usually pay between £60 and £80 for both of us with no loading for my blood pressure. I’ll ring BeMoto today. Thanks for all the input. Andy

14. Think Holidaysafe cost me £14 for the Slovakiaring last year. That said, £160 is cheap if the worst happens.

15. Circuit Moto put out the following statement on their FB page last week, regarding insurance at Almeria, seems to clear it up, maybe :thinkingface:

Hi All,
    So, this is our position on Insurance at Almeria.
    I would firstly like to point out that we are neither suggesting or recommending customers use any specific company and all customers should research the policy that they are buying and contact the provider to ascertain suitability.
    We as a TDO are happy to accept whomever you as a customer choose to use. However, we are instructed by the Circuit that we can not allow customers to ride if they have policies supplied by the following: Holiday Safe, Travel Master, Infinity and Be Moto Gold and Silver (Purple Policy is allowed by the Circuit).
    We are now required to hold a paper copy of your insurance at the circuit, and in the event of you having an accident, the CM management team will contact your provider and claims line so that your companies professional team can take over and control your care/treatment at the earliest to insure you receive the relevant treatment.
    Regards
    Circuit Moto

16. So I spoke with BeMoto this afternoon and am now just waiting on a response from the underwriter. Oddly my usual broker, BenGo, does not appear to be on the naughty list although their small print specificallly excludes treatment at a private hospital. Time to wait and see what the response is tomorrow. Andy

17. BenGo have the same underwriter as those on the FE black list (which I'm told is where the problem lies). FE/the circuit may let you on the track with it, but I suspect you'll have problems if taken to the private hospital.
    I called FE and asked if Bengo was ok. They (she) told me if the company wasn't on the list you were fine.....She's wrong! It's the underwriter refusing to pay the bills from the private hospital that's the problem.

#19 Nelson, Apr 4, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  18. Just had an email from BeMoto with a quote for their Purple policy, £190 for 2 riders. OUCH !!!!! Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information