1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 Recommended Riser Bars For 998

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by flatairbag, Sep 14, 2015.

1. After a few years off a 998 and a couple of breaks my wrists Im struggling with the 998 bar position... especially going downhill or under braking. Ugg..

Any recommendations for adjustable riser bars which can take some of the weight off the wrists? Ive heard about swapping over and around.. but not tried this yet.

2. I'd try swapping them over first. I had them on my 848 and they made a big difference but were costly. After fitting them, I read up on people having fitted them and saying there wasn't between the helibars and swapping the std bars from left to right.

3. I did the Speedymoto Top triple on my 998 and it made a big difference. It lets you bring the stock clip ons up about 3/4 of an inch and allows you to adjust their angle to the tank by about 30 degrees. I moved mine all the way up and out just a little. The brake fluid tank just clears the underside of the fairing. I can't imagine any other risers doing better. I also think it looks way better than the stock top triple.

4. Hello.

I bought some Apex fully adjustable (and they ARE!) riser/no-rise clip ons for an SS and they were shit.

Because the m/c's weren't the radial type.

If you've got or change to radial m/cs then I'd say get the Apex.

Get a set of fully adjustable rear sets too.

Track to touring in much less than 20 minutes.

Can't argue with that imo.

Used em on SuperSports and SuperBikes, they'll send you different size clamps if you change to a different fork diameter.

5. I use Fast by Ferracci on two of my bikes and a set that came from Sigma Performance on my 998. All non adjustable but make a big difference.

6. I tried turning the bars up the other way and didn't like it at all. It just makes the bars flat in which case you may as well go the whole hog and buy an upright bike.

I fitted the Ducabike adjustable bars to mine and they work a treat. It still feels like a sportsbike but not anywhere near as extreme. The bars are wider to which helps as well. You can adjust between the original 10 deg angle to just 6 degrees. The ones I have also have a more direct feel to the fork leg making turning easier. Worth every penny i spent on them.

BSRA53D - SEMIMANUBRI GP d. 53 MM. OFF SET 15 mm. - 748 / 916 / 996 / 998 - SUPERBIKE

• Like Like x 1
  7. Agree. I tried to flip/swap standard risers over today and ran into a few issues that would not allow me to successfully do this. It was not just the quick 20min plug and play solution that had been mentioned by some.

Ill look into the ones you suggested. DUKE63, Did you fit these to a 998?
    Did you have to change out any brackets to get the more comfortable angle you mentioned?
    Whats involved with getting throttle and choke gubbins off the original stems?

8. There were no issues with brackets and clearance on any of the positions.

Mine are fitted to a 748 and i have changed the Brake m/c for a Brembo RCS as well. The throttle mechanism just unbolts as one unit from memory.

I would recommend replacing the grips though.

9. any recommendations for Rear sets ???

10. Do you have a link to the adjustable rear sets you have ?

regards
    Howie

11. I have some Ducati performance raised clips ons on my sp3. Hard to find them now, but worth it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information