1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Recommended Tank Bag - Monster 1200 S/r

Discussion in 'Monster' started by flatairbag, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Hi all.
    Can Anyone recommend a tank bag for the monster 1200 tank.
    Was wondering weather to go with a tank ring lock system but some of the bags that use this look too "perched" up on top rather than flowing with the tank shape.

I like the profile of this Cortech super2 system (pic below on old M) but wonder if their strap mount system is a bugger when filling up. (I See they do a magnetic version also but not sure how it sits in place on the monsters bulbous big bollocked shaped tank.)

The "ducati" recommended tank bag is made by Givi... Those magnet flaps look ackward tho to me.

Kriega gear is good but no specific tank bags and their combo bags lack map pockets and ease of access.

Any recommendations for 10-15L sized bag would be welcomed thanks.

IMG_8653.PNG

#1 flatairbag, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  2. I've been looking at tank bags for my 1200R but decided to go the Kreiga route with their small rucksack (great, barely noticeable when riding) or a small waist pack for cigs, keys and wallet.

3. I've gone with the Giving tanklock system for my 1200. Easy to fit and remove, feels secure and bag is spot on size for a pair of shoes, lunch and disc lock, plus useful bits such as visor cleaner and cloth.

4. Hi
    Can I ask if the tank lock gets in the way of spirited riding? Does it hit your chest?
    Also which givi tank bag did you go for?
    Cheers

5. The Givi tank lock system is no problem, doesn’t get in the way. Dead easy to click on and off when gassing up. I didn’t bother with the key lock though as I thought it was a waste of time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. I have my eye on the SP602B
    Thank you

7. Another vote for the Givi tank lock bags. I have a 5L & 15L. My new Monster 1200s will be the fourth bike I've used the tankbags on and I'm still pleased with them. Very easy to clip on & off when filling up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SW Motec system, GS tank bag.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information