1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Red Warning Thing On Dash

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by BigAlan, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Nipped out on the bike today after two weeks sat in the garage and the red light is on saying service something or other, but there is a smaller red light to the right of this which even with glasses on I can’t read, looks like 8888 but that’s rubbish I am sure, anybody got an idea?

Only done 4000 miles since last service so it can wait a while.

2. Possibly a service due on time rather than mileage? Mine is amber at the moment with an additional count down saying '-4 days' as of last sighting when I was out on Monday. I guess when it reaches zero or a positive figure the indicator might well turn red. I'm at the dealers for my annual service next Wednesday.

3. As above. After the countdown it changes from amber to red, iirc it might be 4x# and not 8's.
    A dealer will only reset if they have done the service.

4. Mine on the same. Looks like a pic of a house. Not getting done though till a few more miles done since last service.

5. Like this

20190921_161835.jpg

6. Think it's supposed to be a calendar, indicating that the service is due , time related (ie, annual) rather than mileage related.

7. That’s a different display to mine but yes, I also have a smaller red thing next to the service one, presume it tells me how many days I am over, but only having done just 3.2k miles this year it can wait.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. As I can't ride as much as I would like, the annual service came up with only 4,500 miles and I did myself, engine oil, filters, brake fluids, pads checks, general inspection all over after a good clean, reset the light by changing the date on the dash back 1 year and worked fine.

Now it came the service by mileage (9,300 miles) and this only can be done by a proper reset.

With the bike still in pieces in my garage due to the hand switch fault, not sure if I will ask the dealer to run the service just to get a reset from them.

Had a harsh lecture over the phone when I asked for help and first thing they did was asking why I did not serviced with them before, and because of that, they would charged me £150 just for the diagnostic on this specific fault that I posted a video on the thread "dangerous cut out".

Not impressed with the reception I had over the phone when asking for help, at all. How on Earth this type of fault would be picked up during a routine service??? Not a chance!

Without seeing the bike they said a lack of software update could cause problems...ha,ha,ha....A software stopping the bike as it did!!!! Yeah, yeah. Sent the link of the video to their service department and the answer I had was: "Oh, this is very strange!"
    Yes, soooo strange that I found the fault by looking into other members of this forum experiences. Ducati dealer is the only one who never saw this happening!
    Fuckers!:mad:

Sorry, went too far out of the topic! I am PISSED!

• Like Like x 1
  9. I might be talking rubbish with regards to your cutting out issue, but I was reading an article somewhere or other yesterday that was explaining that Multi's dont get their Ign feed from the starter solendoid as a lot of bikes do but rather via a relay thats tied into the hands free ign switch which if that relay is faulty or not seated correctly would go some way to explaining your bike being possesed !
    I must state... I dont know this for a fact it was only something I read and it made me think of your issue..could be worth a look see

• Like Like x 1
  10. Back to the original post re the Red calendar on the dash, I read somewhere (might even be on here) but changing the YEAR in the time date settings gets rid of it...tried it on mine the other day and success, no more red blobs all over the dash, cheap and easy to do and should get properly re set when it has its mileage related service :)

11. Yes, I did it twice on mine before the service by mileage came up. I was prepared to pay dealer for the 9,000miles services booked for TODAY just to have a fancy stamp on my book, but as the bike packed up again last night I just didn't show up. A change in oil and filter plus a fancy stamp wouldn't prevent the faults that I'm having.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information