1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redding Defecting To Bmw For 2022 Wsb Season

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Dibble, Aug 19, 2021.

1. I wonder if a large wedge of cash was involved though from an outsider view it appeared Ducati did little to move the Panigale on compared to Kwackasaki? if so that would be a bit of a pisser for Scott I suspect. But hey thats just my sweeping generalisation armchair critic view based on nothing more than watching WSB on Telly so likely well wide of the mark.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Got to be a cash move surely

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bautista back on the V4 then??

4. Unless he got fed up with his teams generally shit decision making, as has seemed to be the case this season? (rightly or wrongly)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I think there is DEFINATELY a miss management element within the senior ranks at Ducati, they are 'falling out' with a number of riders behind the scenes, Bautista was reportable unhappy with the way it was always the riders faults and never the bike, Scotts frustrated that he isn't getting what he asks for to help with rear grip and obv there was Dovi etc. Stoner was also annoyed that he was getting asked to test stuff and when he gave feedback the response was generally that they would go off Data and not rider opinions.

I'm yet to see that BMW make a step consistently, I think VDM has had some good showings but it still has a step to make, and also, I think it's the first 'Road' bike that Scott will have raced in his whole career. The V4 is definitely a step closer to the ethos of GP machines, especially when you see how heavily modded the race bikes are, I think the BMW will be a lot more road bike turned into racer

• Agree Agree x 1

6. Typical Ducati isn’t it mate.

I’m sure he has his reasons. But in my opinion (which is worthless Ofcourse) it’s a questionable move.

bmw aren’t in motogp so no route back. The bike has never done well in sbk form. Maybe he’s the man to change that? Who knows.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Pointless as he hasn't got the job done yet...........disappointing Scott.:punch:

8. We don’t know what Ducati had offered him either.

9. It's a cash move likely. BMW is trying very hard to win WSBK, they just released MRR. They need top talent to ride it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. He has done as good a job as the kit has allowed. Not sure many others would have returned those results in their first 2 season in WSB.

Maybe he doesn't feel its the winning package he needs for 2022.

11. I was sure in all of the crap the commentators spouted during the Czech Republic round, it was said Ducati were not prepared to start negotiations with SR until later in the year. Jumping ship is probably the best result for both of them. Andy

12. But the merry go round always starts now, if they wanted him badly they would have sewn it up and left it unannounced, BMW have been prepared to put the paperwork out there and he has signed.

He has the potential if BMW get the bike right to make a real impact next year on Ducatis hopes.

13. I do not share your optimism for BMW or SR but as ever, always comfortable with being proved wrong. Andy

14. Thats fair, I do think SR is a real catch for them though ...

15. Not a direct comparison by any means, but I thought Lewis Hamilton was nuts to leave McLaren for Mercedes in 2013, and look how that turned out!.

Money aside, Mercedes had convinced LH they were serious about becoming world champions, perhaps something similar going on at BMW in WSB. Certainly looks like the BMW is more competitive this year, will be interesting to see how SR goes on it next year. Doubt Rea could ever be convinced to move from Kawasaki and Toprak all signed up with Yamaha.

Also interesting to see who Ducati are lining up as a replacement.... Gerloff?, Dovi?, Dixon?, Expat Jack?:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Goes back a long way I think... Ducati develop the bike, the rider rides what is developed. I think Rossi was frustrated by this, Lorenzo was pretty vocal about that attitude too.

17. I'm not criticizing him and his team efforts for the past two years, but as a rider you'd want to win on that Ducati before swapping brands, surely that would be nice for the racing C.V before you retire.

18. Hope it works out for him. He sticks the effort in, be nice to see him get the rewards

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. I don't see Dovi swallowing his pride and riding for Ducati ever again, I thought Gerloff was signed to Yamaha and I'm not going to speculate about Jake. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information