1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redial On Ie

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Desmoquattro, Mar 8, 2018.

1. So took my Senna IE in for MOT today and remember as they recorded the mileage that it's actually in KMs. Told the guy but he wasn't too interested as he had finished the paperwork.

Question is....The Speedo has been converted to MPH but the Odometer is in KMs so will this cause any issues for me? Other than explaining to a potential buyer (not planning to sell though) that the miles are actually less?

Ian

2. As you say Ian, other than explaining to a potential future owner it’s not a problem, if you have an agreed mileage on your insurance and had to claim then you might have to give the same explanation to them if the recorded km’s gave the impression of your havi exceeded your mileage allowance but that would also be straightforward I would think.

3. Ah, didn't think of that. Good point as the KMs obviously go up quicker

4. This isn’t that uncommon. IIRC back in the early to mid 90s all the 916s were delivered to the dealers with a Km speedo which the dealer changed. Quite a few bikes got out into the wild without that happening. Anyone who knows there stuff when looking for a bike from that period will know that. Other than keeping a record for insurance purposes, I wouldn’t worry. Andy

5. Desmo,,,Next time you go for a mot just ask the question before he starts and this makes it clear then for you before he presses the buttons:upyeah:

6. I forgot, but it would then look like I had clocked it.

7. maybe take a letter to the current mot garage and get him to sign it with the correct mileage/km's:thinkingface::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information