1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel Relocated Number Plate

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Carbon749, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Know there will be lots of warnings about the size of the plate, police crack downs etc, but, I'm happy to give this a try.

Really like the cleaner look and the view of the rear 240 :):upyeah:

IMG_5352.JPG IMG_5353.JPG IMG_5371.JPG IMG_5372.JPG

#1 Carbon749, Jun 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Looks good pal , Got mine on an Evotech tail tidy, You might want to stick a small round reflector on it, I heard somewhere its a requirement to have one on, I'm sure someone will be along to clarify if I'm wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yes, by law it should have a reflector, but to be honest, if I get stopped it will be for the size or location of plate, no reflecror will be a small point.

Will put one on for the MOT, used to do that on the old bike.

• Like Like x 2
  4. That looks spot on :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Looks unlit which will bring it to the attention of the police.

6. Even worse than that....Someone has scribbled over the numbers ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Work in progress.

Slightly larger plate with "almost" legal sized digits being sorted. Have a small LED from an old R&G tail tidy that I may fit.

Just trying to "clean" up the back end, as I really don't like the standard number plate set up. The back tyre looks massive now you can see it clearly.

8. #rick b

Where does the light on the evotech tail tidy pick up its power feed from? Is there a simple feed to pick up under the seat area?

9. Mine came already on, I'm presuming that the wiring was re-routed from the stock number plate holder up under the seat to the tail tidy, I'll have a look tomorrow when I finish work

10. This is mine. Cobbled together from an spare non-Ducati evotec. I cleaned up the brackets and had it anodised:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. This is mine. Cobbled together from an spare non-Ducati evotec. I cleaned up the brackets and had it anodised:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. #mr noisy I was looking to do the same, then had a moment of madness and tried mounting the plate direct to the grab rail, in place of the reflector. To be honest, it kind of works, and looks great from the side profile.

#Rick B thanks for the link. I will look to do similar if I decide to mount a light on the plate.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information