1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove 'safety Stickers' Warranty Issues

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by freshage, Oct 19, 2020.

1. If you remove the silver stickers on the frame and swingarm, does that void warranty? They are a bit of a sore eyesight, but if it effects any form of warranty I'll get over it and leave them as is.

And if not, what is the best method to peel them off? Heat gun and patience?

2. They have gone from my bike and there have been no concerns raised by my service agent (@nelly).
    ‘A friend’ said that hot-air and patience does the trick, followed by some brake cleaner for the residual gunk. ;-)

3. Cool, thanks mate, OFF WITH THEIR HEAD! I'll have at 'em this weekend, same goes for the fork reflectors.

• Like Like x 3
  4. If you're taking them off and are concerned about warranty, etc - stick them into something and keep them in case anyone wants to see them...

5. Warning stickers are always been the first thing I’ve removed from any bike I’ve bought, warning stickers and the side reflectors, the only one I leave on is the chain adjustment sticker as it saves me looking it up every time :joy:

6. Nothing worse than seeing a 10 or 20 year old bike with the warning stickers still on it, GSXR’s always seem to have the fuel sticker still on the tank which immediately draws my eye. I’m the same with bicycles when I see the sizing sticker still on it years after purchase :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mine came off the scrambler (or at least half did) when I jet washed it once.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Supplying dealer (Rapido) took them off mine during the pdi

9. i Really couldn’t give a mary! Left all mine on and I’m pretty sure it hasn’t affected the performance!

10. they have nothing to do with warranty. you can remove it..I don't have your model. But, I used my hairdryer once to remove stickers on my dad's car (I pasted my favourite anime characters on it but had to remove)

11. For those orange reflectors, try WD40 and a length of dental floss, that usually does the business.

12. I used this technique when I removed unwanted badges from my van
    Worked a treat.

13. You can tell riding seasons coming to an end when questions like this appear...

14. They need to make the engine paint out of the sticker material..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information