1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing Ads And Extras When Using The Forum??

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Monners, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Does anyone know how to stop all the ads showing on chrome, I thought it used to be blocked? It's causing everything to be really slow and jerky when using the forum from my work computer; possibly due to security systems we have in place. If I can't do something about it then I'm not able to use the forum and I'm going to have to actually do work!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Subscribe. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Oh right, so basically the beatings will continue until you pay a fiver.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. I had the same issue when I was at work so even when we were allowed to use the internet at lunchtime, the secuirty set up went into overload with the banner advertising. Oddly still cannot log in using Mozilla Firefox in Windows. If you want to access the forum from your workplace, I think the nominal subscription may be the only way to avoid working for a living :D. Andy

#4 Android853sp, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Pay up you tight arsed monkey ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Delete Chrome, it is basically a virus

7. ???

8. IE is completely unresponsive for about five or six seconds everytime I do anything. Chrome is just jerky.

9. Right I've donated to Rob@1000rr dot co dot uk beer fund. The email address made me chuckle!

• Like Like x 1
  10. :seenoevil:I can't believe I didn't see this thread before I posted mine :seenoevil:
    :oops:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. It's only a fiver!

12. I run the Adblock Plus plugin for Chrome and don't see any adverts on any website.

Just saying like...

13. Using chrome on a chromebook and with adblock but not signed in, all I see is Odds monkey offering loans
    When I sign in I don't see Odds monkey

Using the blackberry mobile without ad blocker and not signing in at the time of typing and on the main forum page I see the following adverts for

Markforged 3d metal parts
    Top trade motor insurance , savinginsight.com
    Free ppi check, fast track reclaim
    bicycle for mountain bikes, cycle-systems.co.uk
    conquest carbon
    design corse

going into the speakers forum I also see
    the war on cash , capital & conflict
    giff gaff
    outsider club
    odds monkey

and I presume therefore every page of the forum will have additional different ads?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information