1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing Blind Bearings & Refitting Kit

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by GunZenBomZ, May 9, 2020.

1. Looking to buy a slide hammer kit from sealey AK716 & refitting kit VS7032.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Heard these are decent but certainly not premium tools, got any suggestions? Images shared from ffx webby as they have good prices.

2. #2 GunZenBomZ, May 9, 2020
    Last edited: May 9, 2020
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Use a raw bolt.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Yeah I saw rawlbolts been used on youtube.

5. I’ve a blind bearing puller similar to that it’s always worked ok
    Even on the rgv gear box bearing

6. I have both kits .. the puller isn’t so great . I destroyed the 2nd smallest puller very easily and cannot recommend
    I purchased a cheap screw out kit to get my gearbox bearings out and that’s fine .. I think the slide hammer gives too much force maybe
    The driver kit is great , and is better than using sockets

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Bit the bullet & got RS-components to sort me out. I'm putting a GPS tracker into the box...shush'
    [​IMG]

#8 GunZenBomZ, Aug 6, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  8. May I be as bold as to enquire about cost from RS? Bounce back loan burning hole in pocket :D

9. £416 as holder of an account with 10% off. A gentleman doesn't discuss money openly therefore I am not a..

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. You're a gent :D

11. Is got RS in the title so like anything ducati + RS. You know you’ll just need to close your eyes and swallow hard.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Well the painful thing I did not share was that I actually needed the other kit also. These manufacturers love making it so you need the larger stuff for jobs. Bit the bullet & got a decent quote from RS components so too finish off my day. I'm chuffed to share these images'
    [​IMG]

The SKF TMIP series 30-60 kit dwarfs the other one now.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ooh,
    20201015_144935.jpg 20201015_144900.jpg 20201015_144952.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. I did briefly see the dead-hammer bearing seating kit,...now stop!! You could of waited to taunt me in 2021'

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. What do you use if you have a 29mm bearing that needs removing, it’d just be my luck...

16. The 28mm one and gaffer tape!

• Like Like x 1
  17. The other kit is 7-28mm, the front bearing on my enduro is larger. Though now l can help the 4x4 lads out on the farm when they are scrounging tools.

18. Fitting blind bearings, put the bearing in the freezer overnight, wrap it in a cloth. and don’t take it out until you are ready to fit it. Gently heat the aluminium casting, make sure you have all the tools ready for fitting the bearing, a little oil in the bore helps
    Remove the bearing from the freezer and press it in the casing, the cold bearing and warm casing should make the fit easier.
    Fitting bearings on shafts, put in an oven at 120c this will expand the bore enough for a slide fit.
    Don’t be tempted to heat it any hotter.
    I have fitted hundreds of bearings up to 1000mm in the bore and this works every time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. SKF bearing heaters work a treat. Along with hydraulic nuts.

Handy for setting the correct clearance/preload.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information