1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Renewal Time

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by J biker, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Bennetts want £623!

So looking at;

Devitt
    BMW
    Hastings
    MCE
    All come back with quotes near half of Bennetts.
    Any feedback on these four welcome? I am more interested in claims/accidents being sorted out or hassle in dealing with the above companies.

2. Bemoto :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. MCE can kiss my arse, had a load of trouble from them 4 years back. Never again. Hastings.... Personally I found excellent

4. Principle were pretty competitive. They were cheaper for my 899 but i went Bemoto as my bike is modified and the excess was lower..

5. Bikesure/Adrian Flux gave me the best deal last time, (multibike) but thanks to all your recommendations will be trying Bemoto next renewal :upyeah:

6. Update;

Contacted Bemoto, very pleasant to deal with, but quote seemed a bit expensive still, policy was underwritten by Zenith*

*as is Bennets, Post Office (who is part of Devitt...) and ...Devitt! according to what I could view looking at the policy details on my MCN multi quote online.

Bennetts to renew= £583
    Bemoto around £450 depending on cover
    Devitt £350 with legal protection.

Now to be fair, you have to compare apples with apples. The excess varied, though not by much. Bemoto offer various packages, some with breakdown recovery etc etc.
    Devitt could be upgraded to match, but were still cheaper.

Different bikes, areas and circumstances will turn up different results.

Cheapest by far were Hastings direct (circa £220ish) but reviews are shocking! If you read all reviews for all companies your head will hurt, mine does now ;)

7. Btw MCE were cheap, between Hastings and Devitt...but I saw the bad performance from them first hand when my mate had a claim. Shocking to be honest.
    When reading reviews there is a lot of crap also, like who is cheapest mostly. Not a real review though as it is what the company is like in the event of a claim that will matter most. They all seem to have good and bad press. Just two of them seem to be much worse than others! What do you do eh? Not cheapest or dearest suppose.
    Good luck anyone shopping around for new or renewal!!

8. MCE, i'd rather be shot with shit.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Give principle a shout. They were pretty competitive for me last year :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information