1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement 748/916 Rocker?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by HICKSY#86, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Hi
    Im in the process of doing a major service on my 748 and after pulling the cams and inspecting the rockers Ive discovered that i have several that are affected by the chrome flaking issue.

Is there anyone in the UK that does an exchange service on replated rockers and does anyone have any experience of how well replated rockers last.

Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. As above, and by all accounts they are better than new.
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Denzil the Ducati had all my cam and rocker spares a few months ago, PM him and inquire.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks. I contacted Newman Cams yesterday. I’m just weighing up my options now.

5. I had mine done by Newman, as said above, better than original (and cheaper than buying new originals) as they won't flake.

That said I've got a selection of spare Ducati rockers in the workshop both openers and closers, some used , some new if you are looking for originals?

6. Thanks for the offer. I’ve bitten the bullet and sent all 16 to Newman Cams. Pricey, but at least it eliminates the flaking issue once and for all. I’ve read on other forums that when combined with MBP retainers valve clearances stabilise almost completely.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yes the combination of Newman and MBP rockers is very good, I hardly ever need any shims changing with that setup.

Best to do the job once and never have to revisit it. :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information