1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement Rear Indicators For 600ss?

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by NeilH, Apr 14, 2017.

1. I'm thinking the black plastic indicators look a bit old fashioned, big, black and plasticky! Any recommendations on what might look better?
    Thanks
    Neil
    DSC_3005s.jpg

2. Personally I think you need to be careful with this as really modern indicators just seem to look a bit out of place on the earlier SSs.

It's the same story with the older Monsters, and I think a good compromise is the slightly later more rounded but still Black plastic and orange lens jobbies that Ducati themselves fitted.

When I brought my M900 3 years ago it had been fitted with Aluminium LED Oberon units that just looked so out of place.
    In a box with the bike was a set of the later rounded units which I fitted almost immediately and feel they suit the bike far better.

Nasher.

Ind 1.jpg

#2 Nasher, Apr 14, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Y'know... it's a difficult one now: I always used to think the same but, somehow, they kinda reflect the age/'vintage' of the bike. It's not a 2017 model and those funny sticky-out indicators are kinda a bit 'of the time'.

I'd be tempted to leave em on there and call it 'charm'

4. Thanks Guys,
    I agree the tiny modern ones would look wrong - perhaps keep the originals and think about spending the money on something else.....
    Cheers
    Neil

5. I've got some 748/916 rear indicators on my superlight ,a bit smaller than the original but still fat enough to look right.

6. Im with others, leave as standard. If you go the LED route, get orange LED bulbs if possible as normal White LEDs make the lenses appear yellow, not orange.

7. Thanks!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information