1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Replacing Screen

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Duc1299, Oct 1, 2017.

1. hi guys, i was about to change the OEM screen, had a quick look at the “rubber nuts” underneath, i cannot see the four in the bottom half of the screen, questions is, will these four drop out on removal of bolt or are the rubbers fixed to the screen

2. They’ll drop out. Are you removing the screen becuase it’s going on to a stillage?

• Like Like x 1
  3. I’ve always used a pair of long handled medical type forceps to hold the awkward ones.

• Like Like x 1
  4. they are supposed to stay with screen, but may not. Depends on who and how it was installed.
    Some folk get new ones and superglue them to the screen.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hi Jon, I got a double bubble to replace it with

6. Super glue is your friend

• Like Like x 2
  7. No, No, No.......

Superglue is NOT your friend!!

I've posted this before :-

Step away from the Superglue Bonny Lad !! :fearscream::fearscream::fearscream:

Polycarbonate ( that's what your screen is made of ) really does not like solvents, ...superglue, Loctite, etc, it suffers from what is called "environmental stress cracking" - google it

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1438&bih=677&q=polycarbonate stress cracking&oq=polycarbonate stress cracking&gs_l=img.12...7730.24775.0.27781.29.11.0.18.18.0.153.935.10j1.11.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..0.21.1015...0.S3-IuEk35xk#imgrc=_

You don't have to remove the top fairing to change the screen, check this earlier post of mine, it can be done without taking screen off :-

http://ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/those-were-two-awful-jobs.41127/#post-726253

Bit of patience and you'll get the job done!

Poucher :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. For the sake of the children, remove the fairing. Sure it takes 10mins extra, but will save a lot of swearing, cussing and dropped rubber top hats. Which will likely fall into a quantum black hole that opens up and immediately evaporates along with whatever it is you dropped. It just makes life easier.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Torx T7 to undo the OEM screen bolts.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I lost my bottom two rubber grommets because I didn’t do my research BEFORE I made the switch. They might still be in there somewhere, I have no way of knowing... lol

11. Hi Guys, so I changed the screen, i lost 1 “rubber nut”, the nuts seem to have stuck slightly onto the screen when removing, only 1 at the bottom dropped when i lift the screen on one side, i stuck the bottom 4 on with silicone overnight and fitted screen this morning, looking good.

12. Hi Guys, so I changed the screen, i lost 1 “rubber nut”, the nuts seem to have stuck slightly onto the screen when removing, only 1 at the bottom dropped when i lift the screen on one side, i stuck the bottom 4 on with silicone overnight and fitted screen this morning, looking good.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information