1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resetting The Oil Service Indicator

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Vetle, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Hey.

My 2014 Hyper 821 is in need of a 15k service, which I will do myself, but does anyone know if there is a way to reset the service indicator in the dash?

Also unrelated question; Does anyone have any experiences with Boosterplug?

2. Search the forum for JPDiag lots of info, you need to purchase and OBD lead to plug into the ECU then the software can clear the service light.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. I used to work on my older bikes ( 748, 848, etc )using JPdiag but apparently you need different cables to the one I used to use.
    I also need to find out what cables I need.

I think Guzzi Diag is free and does a similar job.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Thanks for the replies, guys :)

5. Booster plug basically makes the bike think the external temperature is 10'C colder - so ECU concequently adds a little more fuel - a very small %.

On the 800 Scrambler it worked well and helped with twitch throttle and seemed to make bike smoother.

Downside is the temp gauge is 10 degrees off.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 10°C? Saw someone say 20°C. Don’t really care if the ambient temp is wrong. Mostly concerned that the ice warning was gonna flash all the time since it’s not often 20°C + in Norway, but if it’s only 10°, that won’t really be an issue.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information