1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resin/chemical Anchors For Masonry

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Martin D, Jun 15, 2018.

1. .

Tie Bar1.jpg

Tie Bar2.jpg

#1 Martin D, Jun 15, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2018
  2. It's easy just follow the instructions or check their web site out,i fixed a staircase string back to a flint wall last year with these fixings.............brilliant:upyeah:

3. This ... it is amazing stuff, sets like iron. Bigger hole, brim it, then ‘screw’ in the threaded bar, wipe off the excess.

4. Yes that's correct on the rod size,but are the sizes not noted on the tube?

5. and don't forget blow out the brick dust!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yes!! This too ... :upyeah:

7. I've looked on the silly net and oversize the holes by 4mm....but do your own checks!

8. I wouldnt worry to much about being exact, I have fitted some parking posts before with this as a last ditch attempt as ot was bad ground and the client had already purchased the posts that you bolt down and they fold flat. A lorry backed into one of them once, it snapped the post at the base across the bottom and the bolts were still rock solid!

9. Yes it is thick

10. I've looked on the silly net and oversize the holes by 4mm....but do your own checks!
    If you ride a motorcycle you will have the strength in your wrist:upyeah:

11. Don't overfill the hole with resin, the excess will come out and cover the threads which wont allow you to tighten the nut after it has set, if it does cover the threads make sure you clean them before it sets. AS mentioned blow all the dust out of the hole first.
    Resin fix has it's uses but is being used less and less nowadays as Thunder bolts (self tapping bolts) are quicker stronger and easier to use.
    https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p1...MIi4HklKDV2wIVhfdRCh24-wv3EAQYAiABEgKtl_D_BwE
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Make sure you have all your holes ready to pump the resin into in one go as the resin mixes as it goes through the nozzle and sets rather quick, which means you will have to have a few extra nozzles available.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Its not that hard to squeeze through, just get a good gun and you will be fine :upyeah: it is quite thick but I think it is just the resistance of it going through the ‘mixer’ nozzle that makes it tough.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. All the resins I've used have thinned with heat but also go off faster.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Good luck.

16. You need to make sure theres no dust left in the hole after drilling hilti supply a special pump to do this but we used a compressior

17. A bicycle pump with the flexible end will do the job, push the flex into the hole and pump.
    Steve

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Martain...judging your performance on this forum you don't need any extra help on the dust as you have a set of healthy Lungs:D
    tongue in cheek my friend:):)

19. We tend to use stainless and cut it to length.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information