1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Respray Project. Advice Needed!

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Majvs, Jun 16, 2017.

1. i decided to give my beloved Multistrada 1200 S (2012) a respray in Ducati yellow. Rather than respray my body panels I've been collecting replacement bits and pieces. That's now complete and I'm ready to go to a paint shop. So two questions:
    1. Can anyone recommend a good paint shop in the North West of England?
    2. The cost of sourcing the standard decals from Ducati is prohibitive (the Multistrada 1200S decal on the side panels are over £11 each plus VAT!!) So can anyone recommend a print shop that can provide good quality replica decals? Nothing fancy just standard decals will do.
    Cheers everyone

2. SMB in bolton does lambos ferarri porsche that kind of stuff ask for wez, or complete auto solutions in horwich ask for Will.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. In my experience after market resprays no matter how nice or how much you pay are pretty soft so chip easily. Having said that my standard factory finish is also chipping really badly so have been investigating 3M protection. So have you thought about getting it colour wrapped? I saw a couple of new Panigale's at Ducati Nottingham that looked amazing, and if it damages you can just get that area re-wrapped.

4. You could do a lot worse than Mick at Paint My Ride http://paintmyride-uk.co.uk/

He's based in Darlington, but is a top painter and also runs courses I you fancy learning. I've done a full course and it was worth every penny.

The quality of his work is beyond reproach and is covered by a lifetime warranty for defects in materials or workmanship.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Had a look at his website and it does look good. However, it's too far away for me

6. Sry to resurrect an old thread but i'm looking at getting the tank and rear seat cowl done on my monster and i'm also in the north west. @Majvs Where did you end up going in the end, what did you get done and how much did you pay? If you don't mind me asking.

7. As it’s already drawn from the death...any pictures of the outcome? Love to see a yellow multi

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Had it done at Bolton Bodywork Centre in Bolton but it might have been renamed as S.M.B Northwest Ltd The number I have for them is 01204 384002 but the advertised number is different. The chap to speak to is Glenn.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Pics, you tease.

10. 20245383_1606556459377554_3415817260388450968_n.jpg

Nothing fancy.. Standard Ducati yellow with original decals modified slightly to suit new colour. Sourced all bodywork from e bay in various states of repair..

• Like Like x 7
  11. Nice. You need mononloc calipers, the darker ones, would finish that front end look lovely :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. How much did they charge you?

13. £450

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. http://www.custompaintairbrushing.co.uk/

Had 2 bikes painted by John at this place in Darwen - lovely work - all my Rothmans stripes on my Honda were airbrushed - really nice work. Defintely recommended

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. i'll get a quote from both. Cheers all.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information