1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retired At 28

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by El Toro, Oct 24, 2021.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Fair play to him making that decision. Life is so relatively short it shouldn't be wasted being unhappy.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. What a lovely young role model
    Quitting isn’t failing
    Admitting is liberating and freeing
    Well done
    Achieve your dreams :)

• Like Like x 4
  4. Clive Sinclair did really well with computers. But not as well as Alan Sugar... who when compared to Gates & Jobs did nothing much at all.

This is the way life is for everyone. I'm glad he has realised this and I hope his next career will be more rewarding. But it probably won't. Still, he will have less bike injuries and will be able to stomach food so its not all bad.

5. What a likeable youngman with a positive attitude for the future.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Seemed pretty open and genuine and seen a few of his vlog rambling YouTube vids now.

I wasn’t sure still if it was bitterness at not making it when he felt he deserved it or a genuine falling out of love. There are a few telltale comments that make me think it’s the first. And he’s now being paid for YT views (although won’t be much) and for things like test riding etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Good lad Taylor

8. Seems a nice enough lad :):upyeah:

I remember meeting his dad at Donington. I was queuing up for a cuppa and he was behind me in the queue. I looked at him and recognised him from somewhere. He nodded at me and said ‘alright matey’ I said ‘yeah, where do I know you from?’ He replied ‘I’m Niall Mackenzie’ :laughing::laughing::laughing: what a cvnt I felt… he was great, we had a laugh about it and chatted until I got my cuppa. We were joined by his mate Neil Hodgson too, who was also sound…. :D

• Like Like x 7
  9. Although he's clearly not after sympathy, I felt a bit sorry for him purely for the amount of times he said "unfortunately for me"

Its a tough old game is professional racing, even if your Dads Nial Mckenzie it would seem! :(

• Like Like x 1
  10. Finally watched this, I've not really watched his channel or followed his career much but given he already has a foot in so many doors via his dad's success it shows how hard it is to carve a career as a professional motorcycle racer.

Having to fund most of his career (I'm not sure how) it doesn't seem worth the effort, but that's all he's ever known.

Corona Virus probably did him a huge favour and made him sit back and realise it would always be a struggle, good on him for having the balls to walk away.

• Like Like x 2
  11. I remember reading that his dad had sold his RC30 and NR750 to help fund the lads racing careers.

12. I had a masterclass with him in 2018 at Silverstone, he is a nice fella.

Likely his decision is somewhat related to Tarran's recent success. It does look like it's tough to make money out of racing these days unless you are Redding or Salvadori with a hot girl and YouTube/onlyfans channel.

• Like Like x 6
  13. ^ well done Taylor.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. He was never ‘retiring’ just stopping racing. Not sure id want someone who can’t get their own ride running my affairs?? At least Hodgson he was top world rider and in paddocks for years, same with Camier.
    But very good luck to him: seems pleasant kid, both brothers do, and wish him all the best.

15. Hope it all goes well for him as well as ML’s moto 3 team. Hope they get the backing they need.

Re the You Tube video, interesting content but the editing? - I thought I was watching an episode of Max Headroom.....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. who the fuсk is max headroom?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Here's Niall on his RC30 and Jon Urry on my 851 for magazine article...
    851&RC30 289.jpg 851&RC30 005.jpg 851&RC30 300.jpg

• Like Like x 5
Do Not Sell My Personal Information