1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retirement Ain’t That Bad.

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by garyhoos1, Jun 18, 2022.

1. Out smoking.
    0C4094CA-572F-4CAF-A080-01FED2A2803E.jpeg

• Like Like x 25
  2. Both the landscape and bike look amazing.:upyeah:

My brother owned one back in the nineties, sits in his shed in boxes these days.

3. Worth a few Bob, if you have the time to rebuild.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. seem to remember them exhaust power-valves can take some freeing off if left to seize good and proper. The Cagiva one is much cruder, seizes up a bit but more likely to touch piston if maintenance neglected..

5. Undoubtedly, his was Red and Black although I much prefer the traditional Green/White you have. There’s a KR1S in a local shop that deals a lot in restorable 2 strokes

6. That’s a new one on me my friend, the KR1 S wasn’t the most reliable motor in the wrong hands a bit like a few Bologna bullets I’ve blown up, the joy of youth.

7. Firecracker red, not many about.

• Like Like x 1
  8. it is partly memory because there were quite a few changes through the years? - I might have a swot now!

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Although fragile my brother didn’t have any issues when it was running and he covered some distances on it not just local.

For me if they’re warmed up correctly and not thrashed to within an inch of it’s life they ok.

Need to dig out my lads RS125 out the back of the garage.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Warming up is 100 % prime choke and kick then wait for the top of the rad to heat up a good indicator, get that RS out better than money in the bank at moment a two stroke, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wouldn't he find a chair more comfortable?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. I love the smell of two stroke in the morning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. No, that’s why he’s in the boxes.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. especially if its filled with Castrol R ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Rarest colour is Zeus blue and the best one to have is a Kr1r super duper rare Jap only bike,
    I Remember using remote control car steering arms for the kips valve control arms
    as much better then the original thin metal
    ones.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Love those little 2-strokes.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wow KR1 S had one of those back in the 90's, didn't really get on well with it, the Kwak dealership in Cradley Heath were sick of the sight of it, ended up getting rid, as the lining in the bores (nickasil?) eat it self, chopped it in for a used imported RD350 F2. Still KR1 S brings back some memories of my misspent youth!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information