1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Returning Expat Newbie On The Forum

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Chris Kirkland, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Hi Folks, quick message to say hi from Edinburgh having returned from Dubai along with my Ducati 996S (2001) in a box.

IMG_5103.jpg

• Like Like x 19
  2. Welcome. Rough trip the pair of you in a box! Nice bike, proper hardstanding.
    Something missing…..Bins!
    Will be explained I’m sure.
    Welcome to the mad house.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Welcome and enjoy

• Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome home

don't forget my rubbish bin pictures to keep me happy

and welcome into our mad house :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Welcome

• Like Like x 1
  6. A man that collects his victims heads for the hell of it, welcome back.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Welcome to the forum.:)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Welcome! Where did you get the clear, errr, colorless turn signal lenses from?

9. Hi mate, I honestly cannot remember but they also come with funky clear LED lamps that flash amber when activated but be mindful that the festoon bulb in the front panel/ cluster acts as a voltage bridge which causes all 4 indicators to flash irrespective of which direction you select.....Fun and games trying to figure that one out!!

10. Welcome
    Just for clarity the bike was in a box and you were a regular cabin seated passenger?

11. The bike was in a container along with other bikes; I came back in economy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Glad you found a place Chris, and lovely bike, I’m struggling with my memory compartmentalising department now as we already have a Chris Bridgland on here. :)

13. Too many forum dwellers with the same forename……..

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. and surnames so far we have Kirk/Bridg(e)

[​IMG]

15. Salaam Alykum... Khaifailik?

I used to live there... No, not Auld Reekie, the Sandpit.

Have you acclimatised back to the sub zero temps here yet? Took me a week being wrapped in a quilt before I'd even venture out the door when I came back.

Nice bike btw :cool:

16. Wa ʿalaykumu s-salam

In truth, the transition hasn't been easy with limited choice of brunches in Edinburgh plus one of my biggest moans about the UAE was the Sunday to Thursday working week which I never got used to in over 10 years.....only for them to change to Monday to Friday two months after I moved back!

its a slow burning workplace in the UK when compared to the construction industry in the UAE....I'm not used to people telling me on a Monday that they'll look at something next week!! lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Beautiful 996! I like the wheels. Are these Dymags from the DP parts catalog?

18. Hiya, yeah that’s exactly what they are. I’ve not seen them before and most people have the Dymag carbon version.

• Like Like x 1
  19. welcome chris_kirkland'

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information