1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Rev Counter

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Ayrton White, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Hi Guys,

long story short - my 916 with p8 ecu has a rev counter that is not responding.

I picked the bike up with the battery very low and required a jump start from a running car at the time. Since that time the rev counter has not been working.

I have had the bike in the garage for a few things and asked them too look at this. They have checked the wiring and believe this to be all good, fuses etc.
    Leaving the issue with either the counter itself or damage to the ecu. My question is with anyone's experience, could jump starting the bike off a car cause ecu damage to stop the rev counter from working. Being that the rev counter is specific to P8 ecu its not exactly the easiest thing to find to test.

Many Thanks

2. im pretty sure that 1 of the 2 pick ups on the crank case runs the rev counter, check you connectors there, iv got a 996 with P8 and jumped it numerous times, cant imagine it causing a problem, ideally find sum body who's willing to let you try theres, theres a chap on ebay got a NOS for P8 £150 bargain

3. Can u send me link to this on ebay? I cant seem to find this. Thanks

4. Hi,, sorry there is no link,, I spoke to him about some thing else and he mentioned he had a NOS at £150 and also a cracked screen 1,, iv uploaded the message for you

A15D5F83-0902-4CBF-B57E-42F81C31DD9D.png

Do Not Sell My Personal Information