1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Rev Limiter And Shift Light

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by BladeRR8, Oct 3, 2017.

1. New to 1299 ownership and don't have access to the bike currently to check this myself.

Couple of questions.

Does the 1299 have a rev limiter ?

If yes what is it set at ?

What RPM do the shift lights operate at?

Are the shift lights programmable by the user?

Cheers for any help and apologies I have to ask and cannot check myself.

2. Thanks for the link. Unfortunately I cant actually download that for some reason.

Is it definitely in the manual? I can't remember seeing it in my hard copy but can't check as not at home at the moment.

3. I have no idea if you can change the rev limiter mate, but they rev to around 11,500 ish, peak power is around 10 and a half grand on the 1299.

I find it pretty easy to run in to the limiter as they pick up revs so quickly ! But the lights on the dash will flash at you like a bastard and let you know :)

4. Not sure if I'm being a bit tick but can't see any mention in the manual on rev limiter or shift lights.

Probably me who can't see wood for trees as tied working nights, haha.

I know peak power is 10500 rpm but wondered where the actual limiter was set. Also read somewhere as it's rbw it's a soft limiter as opposed to a hard limiter. Not too sure what this means but I'm assuming it doesn't bounce off the limiter like on a normal cable throttle operated bike and instead just sits at max revs continuously if the throttle is held fully open.

Any thoughts?

5. The Pani’s “soft cut” rev limiter starts by partially cutting fuel then progresses to retarding ignition. It’s less stressful for the engine than “hard” limiters that cut the ignition at a preset rpm, it’s also safer as it’s far less destabilising as you could be at an extreme lean angle and the last thing you want is a full power cut.

The rpm limit and lights aren’t programmable.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nice one very helpful. Cheers :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information