1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Rh Pannier Damaging End Can

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by OtherbikesaBrompton, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Just back from a week away. On removing RH pannier noticed it has damaged the end can. The pannier was not overweight. Anyone had similar experience?

IMG_0602.JPG

IMG_0603.JPG

2. Mate, something not right there, Just mounted mine and the gap between the can and the heat guard is substantial, so guessing you have something bent somewhere?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I have the same set of dents on my can. I'm pretty sure I did it when I mounted the pannier for the first time and was unfamiliar with the process......Doing!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Thanks gents. I'm guessing this is too close.

IMG_0672.JPG

IMG_0673.JPG

IMG_0674.JPG

5. looks to me like your end can is slightly on the cock, undo the Allen bolt underneath and rotate slightly anti clockwise ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I'll have a look. Cheers.

7. Only an idea and difficult to tell from photo, but looking at pic of mine on phone now, and your top can appears further over, can take a pic of mine with box on later if you need once I'm off shift. Let me know mate, I'm home about 6.30

8. Library photo

2015-Ducati-Multistrada-1200-S-REar-Showcased-at-the-2015-Bangkok-Motor-Show.jpg

9. Makes sense. Dealer replaced the exhaust recently under warranty (the sticking valve issue). I'm guessing the end can hasn't gone back on as it should. Don't worry about photos but very decent of you to offer.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Wow. Huge gap in the library photo!

11. No problem, Just got in, if you need a pic, let me know. PS, sticking exhaust flapper , drill the bugger out, it will stick again :upyeah:

12. Same thing happened to me after dealer had to remove the can for a maintenance issue and replaced it not fully vertical. Can was replaced under warranty.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. And replace that exhaust Allen bolt with something better. They're a bugger and seize at the first hint of dirt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. And put copper grease on the thread :upyeah:

15. I have exactly the same issue. Right hand pannier heat shield touches the alloy silencer cover, causing a mark as it wears which is getting worse. Must talk to Snells about it when I get home.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. There's a recall on the mounting locks for the panniers on my '15 DVT ... Mines in for them next month ... Could be a reason ?

17. Has your bike been into a dealer at all (service etc) as there was a bulletin to re-position the silencer cover- moving it round -best check with them

18. Yes it has funny enough. They recently replaced the exhaust. I've raised this with them and await a response.

19. No. I've had the recall done. They just fit more robust lugs on the panniers. It doesn't change their positioning as far as I'm aware.

20. Have you tried simply unbolting the exhaust and straightening it yet ??

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information