1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ride Height 748

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Bill Di Carlo, Sep 23, 2017.

1. This is my third Ducati and I have a question about this one concerning the ride height. Im not a tall man, but Im 5ft 6 inches and 100 percent Italian, LOL, and strangely I am from the area where Ducati as manufactured. Whats up with the ride height, I know some Italians are tall, but,,,,, sadly some are like me,,,,seems if your not 6 ft tall or taller, its next to impossible to mount and ride this bike. Ive been riding almost 43 years and never had an issue with ANY motorcycle. If its got 2 wheels Ill ride it. Ducati is making it hard for me to say that after today. Alight, that said, I need to lower this bike and see a couple of links that are avail on the internet. I know some of you are going to start jumping up and down about affecting the handing etc, and I dont agree. Now if I was on the race track I would agree. Riding on the local streets in my area , is not a race track, and Im way past riding around like my ass is on fire, lol, so does anyone know if there is anything out there quality wise to get me lowered at least 4-5 inches, If not I have to throw this bike away as it does me no good looking pretty in my garage. FYI I have a V Max, A BMW 1100 A Harley Softail and a
    Hayabusa and of course this Ducati and guess which one I cant ride,,,lol a little annoyed

2. Bill, the 748/916 is about as extreme a riding position as you will get on any road bike, if you are using it for cruising around your local streets, I hate to say it, you have the wrong bike. It is an out and out sports bike unlike any other I have ridden and is a bitch to ride in town or at gentle touring speeds, it needs to be driven and it needs open twisty roads to understand what it is about. The riding position will require you to use it regularly to get condition in your shoulders, core and arms; if you don't you will find it very uncomfortable and a challenge to get the best out of it. I am 5' 10" have also been riding for nearly 40 years, but its height and set up (when correctly done) is just right for me. All I can suggest is take out the preload on the rear shock and forks and run it the softer end of its set up

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. yes I understand its a high performance machine, I get that. however I have had others , this one is on top of that list, but yes I agree with your info.

4. I'm about 5'7" and never had a problem with the ride height.

5. Same here, in fact my bike is raised a touch!! Can get my tip-toes down, that's all I need.

• Agree Agree x 2

6. i have had this beautie for about two week. .. im 5'8 and have had everything every size from r1, and zx10s to 600rr and f4is. i had a 916 years ago new and just bought this 748 because of all the mods and condition she is in.... the first thing i noticed is the rider height. im tippy toed and when i back up it is shin rub city... im looking in to lowering but as your other responder said, i dont want to mess with the handling... these bikes still out handle brand new 600s... let me know what you do

7. All the five foot fook all blokes in the Uk get very angry very quickly .....do you? :joy::joy:

So where in numbers is the ride height set?
    Where are the forks set?
    Do you have he adjustable steering head is that 23.5 or 24.5?
    What tyres front and rear do you have?
    Where are the Foot pegs positioned?

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information