1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Ride Height Adjuster - Seized?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by dazzabb, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Wondering if I'm doing something wrong or it has seized when trying to adjust it for more ride height.

848 with a 1098 OEM RHA.

I backed off the top and bottom lock nuts all the way to the end of the threads, but I can't move the rod. I almost pulled the bike of the stand it is so solid, tried moving it both ways with no luck.

I can't believe it can be that seized though - both lock nuts moved very easily - am I doing something wrong?

2. It will be seized solid, I’ve never taken one off that hasn’t been. The only chance you have is the remove it and use lots of heat and patience then it’s only 50 / 50.
    If you do get the rose joints out, put plenty of grease on the threads when you put it back together, something that Ducati failed to do.
    Good luck.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Bloody hell that's a chore. Thank you both for the info.

4. Try soaking it with plus gas first and if that doesn’t work, go with the heat. If you can take it off the bike, hold the centre part in a vice, plenty of plus gas you should be able to free them up. On assembly use plenty of copper slip and will be fine from then on.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Isn’t it also reverse thread on one of the joints? Would be worth checking..

6. He has backed off both nuts

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information