1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rider Down...

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Curtis Reid, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Well...after nearly 5 years of ownership of my beloved 848 Dark, some clown decided he would cut me up on my commute to work a couple of weeks back and wipe me out!

In terms of damage she took the brunt of it, my gear doing it's job and just a bruised hip and twisted knee but the bike was a lot more worse for wear unfortunately!

Just awaiting insurance payout and my claim and I'll be back on a Ducati in a few months, 1199 or 1299, fingers crossed!
    20191212_132819.jpg 20191212_135000.jpg

• Love You Love You x 2
  2. Sorry to hear that and that you weren’t badly hurt.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Good news your injuries were not as bad as they could have been but sad news your pride and joy is off to the knackers yard. Good luck with finding another bike soon. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Glad to know you're doing OK despite the accident. 2020 will be a better year - especially with a new bike!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hope it gets sorted out soon.

These things make you realise that good riding gear is really important.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thanks for the well wishes! Crappy end to the year and meant my Xmas and new years was a tad muted but I'd take that over broken bones etc! Got a few spares to sell but can't get myself to clean them up... Going into a now empty garage is still a tad raw! :(

7. Elvis has truly left the building, glad you got through okay though chap

8. Wishing you better luck for 2020.:upyeah:just not sure if people in boxes are paying attention on the highway as i've had a few close calls this year myself.

#9 XH558, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  9. sorted.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  10. Were you there?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. sad news dude.. like said, at least you are ok.. hope you get paid out smartly and bag a winter bargain.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. GOOD RIDING KIT - I meant to say!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Heal up then heels it up.

#14 GunZenBomZ, Dec 31, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  14. GWS mate glad ya mostly ok

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Bummer, here's to a full and speedy recovery.

I don't much like riding in traffic in the dark winter nights/morning's, it shreds my nerves.

TB

16. I mostly commute and through Birmingham City centre and it's never bothered me usually... Had an eager prat cut a corner in my path... He's lucky a car wasn't coming up the road as he would have plowed into that as well!

17. GWS, just in time for spring :sun::):upyeah::motorcycleduc:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Glad you are o.k.

19. Good grief fella, that’s a smashed up machine. GWS & Get back on 2 wheels soon

Do Not Sell My Personal Information