1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Riders Who Have Recently Purchased The Touratech Comfort Seat

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by BobTheBounder, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Guy's, just a quick bit of data gathering on the recent purchase of our Touratech seats.

Previous seats tried:

Quick review of Touratech seat either positive or negative:

Height and weight, don't be shy!

Any other comments:

2. Previous seats, factory low seat, came with bike so knew it had to go, factory standard height comfort seat, a lot better than the low, but still not enough support and absolutely rode roughshod on my scrotum!
    Positive, one of the best seats I have ever owned, like having a Lazyboy to watch telly at home!
    6'2" and 120KG, so just a little'un! :innocent:

3. Slightly off plan, I have not purchased one but I did get two standard seats and a local upholstery company to modify them for me, as I am a lanky guy my knees used to ache and “meat and two veg” were squashed, the first seat makes riding a lot easier as it’s padded higher with memory foam, the second seat I collect Thursday which has even more memory foam in so I can see which I prefer.

So if any lanky guy like me is interested in a higher than standard memory foamed riders seat after the weekend let me know, I shall be selling one, and yes I paid the fee on here to be able to sell.

Thanks

4. 87Kg and 6' tall.

Original seat had my arse smarting by the first fuel stop on day 2 of a tour. Admittedly the first day was mostly on autoroutes. Plus cover was slippery causing other issues.

Touratech seat seems as firm but, in reality, offers decent support (tested over two further tours last year) that doesn't have a sting in the tail. Added to which the cover has just the right amount of grip, leathers or textiles.

Sufficiently happy to then purchase the pillion seat too when that was on offer at DMC. Expensive, even at the discounted price, but worth it.

#4 Bumpkin, Jul 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  5. Previous seat was just the standard seat on low setting.
    Issue:-same as most sliding forward and after an hour or so i just used to fidget in the seat trying to get comfortable as it kept tilting me into the tank.
    This seat being flatter and wider means I sit slightly further away from the tank and I don't slide at all. Only downside for me, is that as it is slightly higher I am no longer, near enough flat footed in urban mode set to soft . But I am only 5’8”.
    If the seat was chamfered a bit more It would be better and I may have that done to it.

6. 5’8” (173cm) 97 kg i.e: Toof ukkin fat!

Std seat... Arse ache 1hr -

Modded Std seat (by me) 2-3 hours.

TTech seat. Arse ache 4hrs +

As much as I, we, blame the seats, I feel if we looked at our own condition we might be able to improve our own comfort too.

I have a top end cross trainer at home but too bloody lazy to use it.
    Time to get my own arse into shape too.
    On the whole, pleased with my TT seat.

A bargain at the price I paid.

Hope others will feel the same too.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I’ve had these seats on all the Multistradas I’ve owned. They normal seats tipped me forward into the tank but these (as others have said) are flatter and more dished and prevent the plum crush I was experiencing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. For me it's not the ache after a few hours riding, I could almost put up with that, inexcusable though it is on a bike intended for crossing continents. More to the point it's the accumulative effect when on tour with the original seat, with a dread of getting back on the bike after the first few days, you feel it as soon as your arse hits the seat. Something of a spoiler on something I look forward to for months in advance.

#8 Bumpkin, Jul 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. 6' 4" & 15st (steady ladies), standard seat was uncomfortable after an hour.

Can do two hours on the Touratech seat with no issues. My wife tells me I have a boney* arse.

You said not to be shy right?

* I think she means chiselled.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. 5ft 9" and who knows how much I weigh, probs around 13st (high) something :D certainly approaching FB territory now

New seat, is still firm at the mo cos its still new but it is starting to soften up. I have been riding in jeans of late, so I can feel it on my inner thigh a bit. Not uncomfortable really, just starting to wear in
    A bit taller than the stock seat but I can still just about manage the bike. It almost caught me out on a silly camber at a junction, but not quite
    Less slippery than the stock seat, its a better seating position than the stock seat so I am not sliding forwards and crushing my nuts against the tank like I was before.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 1.79metres tall; 82.5kg & fit as a butchers wotsit............:worried: At least that's what I imagine :kissing_heart:
    Previous seats; Ducati comfort seat on 2015 plate Pikes Peak, to replace the awfully uncomfortable standard one. Sort of OK and a slight improvement on standard, but still got arse-ache after circa 1-2 hours in the saddle.
    Current 1260S; standard seat max 2 hrs before arse-ache occurs, but my feet could both touch the ground even with the additional height spacer fitted. Now fitted the Touratech "comfort" seat, which is a different shape to standard, raises my feet and now I can only get one whole foot on the floor, with the other on tiptoes'ish. The surface is less slippery though, which is a positive. For me the arse-ache remains as is and the seat is firmer, but this could just require additional use and bedding in.
    So far, NOT a fan, however, perseverance is needed to see if I can adapt. If I can't, then it will likely end up on here for sale.........:broken_heart:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Just fitted mine yesterday, feels very different, slightly flatter, not done any big miles yet, soon will.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Only used the standard seat in the low position

have considered selling the bike due to not being able to get comfortable on the OEM seat, always sliding forward and crushing fruit & veg etc etc

I’m 5ft 9” and 70kg

I find the new Touratech seat absolutely superb, have been out all day today, no sliding forward, no rolling up of trousers/jeans into my groin etc etc

seat is a totally different feel, it’s slightly higher, firmer but in a good way, (May soften with use but I’m happy if it stays the same) also it is a much better fit at the front compared to the oem seat (less gap)

at last I am totally loving this epic bike again in comfort at last!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Had my bike around 4 weeks and now covered around 3k miles. Standard seat made me stop after an hours riding numb bum and too much slipping forward. Changed to the Touratech seat and now 2+ hours before needing a stretch. Did one of the longest days on a bike I've had in 30 years of riding and have to say, that distance wouldn't have happened on my previous bike, Tiger 800 xrt even though that was pretty comfortable. I have noticed that suspension settings make a big difference to my riding time. I changed the suspension to super soft front and back on the touring mode for the motorway but stick it in sport with the firmer sus setting and the back side soon starts to feel it. :)

20200721_080515.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. that’s a good effort! In terms of settings I run mine in urban mode to lower the rear as I’m a short arse but modified settings to full power and quicker throttle response, I also find with the state of the UK roads I don’t mind running the bike on the soft side etc.

16. Fitted the Touratech seat today, did 150 miles, definitely better than the standard seat.
    6.0ft and 13st 7lbs.
    Didn't notice any height difference, still get both feet flat on the ground.

Ally

17. Surely we should all be asking Ducati to put as much thought into seat design and comfort.
    As they do in styling and engine development, after all it’s probably the most important contact with the bike.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Why would they do that when they can ‘skin you’ for a comfort seat?

Funny thing is, I don’t remember asking for the uncomfortable seat when I ordered mine!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. If you think these are bad, try an Aprilia!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Not convinced, just been out for a three hour ride, more numb bum than the standard seat, at first i thought it felt fine, a bit flatter and firmer, a couple of hours later I had bum ache, legs ached an pins and needles in the small of my back.
    I've covered a lot of miles in 50 years of riding, not been in this much discomfort before, I may have to live with squashed nuts.
    I'm putting on the original seat tomorrow to check which is better, nearly new seat for sale anyone?

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information