1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Riding With Panniers.....be Careful Out There!

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Nigel Machin, Sep 11, 2017.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. i had a similar experience with a sidewinder i had attached to gt175 briefly. luckily at low speed, no real damage.
    i took it off and replaced it for a 125 sticker.

3. 'kin 'ell, poor fella, hope he's ok.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ouch!
    Coming back from France a while ago on a very old boat from Cherbourg to Portsmouth, one with pillars on the car deck. A red VFR800 with panniers and pillion came onto the deck, tried to manoeuvre past one of the pillars...
    Well you can guess the rest. One smashed pannier later, bike on its side, pillion on the floor and an almighty argument broke out between rider and pillion. Apparently not the first time he had none that. Didn't sound like the rest of the holiday had gone very well, either.

5. He was lucky that he landed in the boat and that the bike only hit the piers/ floating dock. That fibreglass yacht would have likely suffered massive damage if the bike had gone into the cockpit...

6. Can you imagine being his insurer when that claim came in?

7. Ive seen that clip before. Think it's in the funny videos thread somewhere.

8. If I remember correctly it's a journalist doing a review?

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Of boats!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. @Dave followed me filtering traffic and I had forgotten I had them fitted. Only hit one car :upyeah::D

11. I had my pannier taken off once, when riding in a group. Followed the leader in to a parking spot and stopped waiting for pillion to get off. Another rider behind came in on a borrowed bike, forgot he had panniers on it and came too close to me and dinged my case down the lay-by, bouncy-bouncy. His stayed on.

My wife on the back wasn't too happy as it came off on her recently broken leg side, but no further damage done. Cable ties and tape repair to last the rest of the tour.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information