1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Right Then....

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Mary Hinge, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Who's getting a V4? (apart from me).... And does anyone know how much that Akrapovic full system is gonna be? I've gone V4S and as it'll mainly be track days I feel the Aka is a must....
    I'd like to hold out for the R but with the Panigale 1199R Ducati released a 'gen2' that was significantly better. I reckon they'll do the same trick here.

So my plan at the moment is V4S (1st quarter 2018) then chop in for V4R gen2. Fiendish eh??

• Like Like x 2
  2. I was told it was £5k for the full system, and £4k for the slip on at the NEC show. Don't know if that's true or not tbh

• WTF WTF x 3
  3. Holy fuck! 5 large?? I hope you're wrong.... How do I bullshit the Mrs on that one??

4. Not sure I'd be able to bullshit myself on that :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Me neither. That's taking the piss....

I bought a full sports system for my car including equal length manifolds, tons more work and material but it wasn't that much. Fleecing bar stewards....

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Not 100% the price has been fixed yet, but I think it'll be closer to 4 than 5, but still expensive. Drop us mail and I'll try and find out more if it's any help.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. The full Akra for the 1299 is £4K, and that only has 2 header pipes.

The Akra car systems are fiendishly expensive! £10k+ for a decent sports car.

8. A healthy chunk of Ducati Tax lumped on there. I was talking to the Akrapovic guys at the NEC and they couldn't give me a price. Basically Ducati buy from them bulk and add their bit with each sale. Quite a big bit it seems.

9. Maybe for a fezza or lambo in Ti or Inconel. But when you see them they do look >10k. They're huge and beautiful... Rather like me...;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. At the NEC show Austin Racing were saying they'd been allocated a V4 so they could design/produce their system. They anticipated it being approx half the price of Akropovic.

• Like Like x 2
  11. And I'll wager it'll be just as good.

12. And louder :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I’m keeping my 1299 for the time being. Will inevitably take one for a test ride. But it’s not giving me the right feelings thus far, so can’t see me buying one.

Definitely won’t be spending 4K on a can lol!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Okay, back to the original question :
    Mary Hinge V4S
    Android853sp V4 Speciale
    Etherion V4S

Andy

#14 Android853sp, Dec 17, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  15. I've yet to see or hear anything from Austin racing that isn't utter, utter shyte!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Good critique :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. And stupidly loud!

18. Doesn't need any more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. My v4s arrives in Feb. Mainly trackdays as its got a few more cc's allowed to go racing. Won't be spending 4k or 5 k on any exhaust - is taking some liberties there (unless its the GP7).

I have full titanium systems on every of my bikes but i think with how tight noise regulations are becoming, sticking to the stock exhaust is probably the safest option.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Okay, back to the original question :
    Mary Hinge V4S
    Android853sp V4 Speciale
    GreenOn RSV4 RF :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information