1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Bike Only Trackday

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by nice1myson, Jul 9, 2017.

1. I'm at Donny tomoz on a roadbike only trackday , does anybody know if i need to take anything extra with me or is it as a normal trackday :upyeah:

2. What has the TD organisers told you to bring?

3. Wear a pair of lace up leather jeans. This will clearly indicate you are a 'real' biker. . . . . . And fer chrisakes don't mention carbon anything, lap times or tyre warmers. Don't shower and try to grow your hair a bit before tomorrow. Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Nothing done normal trackdays lots of times just wondered if there was anything to bring

5. How did you know I have no hair

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. It's exactly the same as any other track day, just without the race teams or track prepped gixxers in the fast groups stuffing it up the inside of you. It's just a normal track day but less intimidating

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ones I did with Bike magazine stipulated your bike had to have its number plate on; mirrors, indicators can be removed and no tyre warmers and no vans/trailers in pit area.

8. Hardly. No warmers for a start I hear, which means plenty will either take a whole session to warm them while others won't warm them at all. And plenty of road riders think they are a track god when they hit the track :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. should only take about 1-2 laps to warm them up in this weather before starting to push it , did the ron haslam race school and they tend to go for it after 1 lap :)

10. Wasn't my point. More that some will take a session (i.e. Be terrified of leaning a bike over) while other will think it happens between pit lane and turn one (and barrel roll it into the scenery).

11. I've never done one my track bike is fully prepped so not allowed but would you not need an mot to prove it's road legal?

12. Thinking of doing one end of July. Seems to really be no track fairings and warmers. Thought you could trailer/van it tho.

13. I'd agree. What's it to them how you get there. If you come off then it's your way home.

14. I went on one a while back, they were a bit funny about letting people in vans/trailers in but sense prevailed. You had to have headlight and number plate and driving license.

15. Just reading MSV it has to have all the lights etc and they 'encouge people to ride there'. No warmers

16. Doesn't matter how you get there and my bike hasn't got an mot ,not into the third year yet I'll be riding there and then taking number plate off taping up lights and mirrors

17. Mine is with no limits mate but should be the same ,and I'm riding there ,tools in my rucksack and a camping chair on my back aswell ,not far to go for me though 20min up the road

18. I'd always trailer where I can. You just never know...

• Like Like x 1
  19. I went on a NL one last month. Took the 1098 in the van, no warmers and no race bikes but everything else was the same.
    The pace was a lot slower than a normal trackday, mine included!
    I haven't run without warmers for years now so was taking my time to start off with and giving them a couple of laps to warm up. After a few sessions I was pushing on after 3/4 of a lap once I got the feel of road tyres.

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. How was it? I did rockingham last year and it was a crash fest with loads of lovely bikes trashed!

Other than that I loved it as I usually ride up and just remove my number plate and tape the mirrors and give it the berries;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information