1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full Throttle Roadlok For The Scrambler

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by comfysofa, May 7, 2017.

1. Does one exist? - I was sorting some teething problems on my mates and recommended that he get one...from recollection the caliper was on the left hand side and most roadlok's bolt to the caliper on the right hand side...

2. Roadlok do have a system for the left disc but describe it as for a sports bike. Andy

3. I'm on the roadlok site now but cant see anything....have you got a link I can follow....just really looking for the model number...

EDIT:

Got it....

ROADLOK XRA EuroSport (L) | ROADLOK
    I guess this is it...

4. Ducati do them as a accessorie for the scrambler on phone so can't link it.

5. Yeah - its a shame as its a stateside order only....ive paid in the past as little as 130 and as much as 280 for mine....ive got a mate who I think is over there now or next week so he can order me one as he's staying at his relatives house for a couple of weeks.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. All ducati dealer now have the large accessories 2016 book, its in there (page 377) as fitting the diavel, xdiavel, monster, multistrada, hypermotard, superbike, streetfighter. No mention of scrambler I'm afraid & its definately a Roadlok disc-lock.

Order number 97980321A

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Ive mailed them to check but I believe its the same fitment as the duke 390 ( a left hand brembo p4 fitment ) although the caliper type is irrelevant its the spacing...(100mm)

8. Andy has just posted a link to the scrambler one

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. That's good to know, the roadlok disc-lock is also in the uk 2017 accessories book near the back pages as with the 2016 version.

I see now;
    Fits on:
    ICON, FULL THROTTLE, CLASSIC, SIXTY2, CAFÉ RACER

Price: 234 £

10. Have one on left side of my streetfighter, Got around 20% discount if I mind correct

11. Strange - I thought 90% of of dual caliper roadloks were on the right? ie when the bike is on the stand the roadlok is on the right and easier to get to....

12. Right or left, Most prefer the right as it stands out and is more a deterrent, Personally I think there an eye sore so went for the left, Bikes never left out side so makes little difference to me

• Like Like x 1
  13. The look has never bothered me....id rather it showed so someone doesn't even bother rather than trying and then finding it....each to his own but that looks like the one he needs...

14. I'm not sure that the roadlock system is all that effective, immobilising the front wheel is better than nothing I suppose but I thought the current method of choice when it comes to stealing high value bike was for 2/3 scroates to turn up in a van , pick the bike up (or wheel it on the back wheel) into the the back of a van and drive off, much better to chain the bike to something solid or to a mates bike if your away from it for a while at a race meeting or something, just locking the front wheel isn't much more effective than using the steering lock IMO.

15. Yeah - but the point is, its a deterrent, but more to the point you just carry the pin....its infinitely easier to carry the pin in a full set of leathers than a full sized disc lock....ive got 3 roadloks on 3 bikes and in turn a pin in my leathers one in my jacket and one in my bag...no matter what bike I go on whatever I'm wearing...ive always got my lock. For me its not really too much of an issue....very very rarely ill leave sight of my bike if its locked...or at least I'm not far away from it, and I'm not away for it for long. If for example we go to the gp or something then yeah....we'll take a full sized lock and lock our bikes together....you can only do so much though...

16. I'm about to install roadlok on my bike ... just checking if I need special tools or just torque wrench with hex - or are the brake bolts Torx style?

17. Nope - nothing special apart from either an allen key or a socket (depending on what bolts are on yours) however if theyre stock ducati bolts they'll probably be a nice chalky white so id suggest ti replacements...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information