1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roadlok Views

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Half man half pie, May 15, 2017.

1. There are various threads about bike theft and security and am interested in Roadlok as a deterent when my bike is outside a hotel when touring france as well as another line of defence when it's in the garage at home. One of the benefits is that I wouldn't be carrying a lock around.
    Has anyone had issues with or very happy with Roadlok

2. I ride all year around and the mechanism does need some lub from road-salt & muck. But a quick squirt from a jet-wash & its clear, followed once dry by the lube. Once the bolt engages (ducati now sell Roadlok devices for all of its range; see accessories 2016/2017) the front wheel doesn't move a jolt. So if as I do you place the bike on a centre stand it seemingly cannot be moved. Obviously unless you also have three criminally inclined mates & some straps to lift the bike & hiok it into awaiting vehicle.

I'm confident if you get one it'll be the best disc-lock you ever purchase.

ps: I made one modification, I brought a large key-ring holder. Drilled to opposing yet slightly downward holes in the plastic bung (when not using lock). Then fed the key-ring holder through the device & can easily pull out the bung before engaging the locking device.

3. Brilliant bit of kit. Looks good too

4. Looks well made but, what's to stop a thief with an allen key simply removing the caliper bolts and taking it off?

5. I'm guessing they come with anti tamper bolts as the original ones wouldn't be long enough

6. I fancy one of these myself. Wonder if anyone with one fitted has tried with mechanism locked, then taken out bolts just to see. Maybe clearance of something stops it being pulled off minus bolts. I also thought the bolt sleeved/ spacer bit looked vunerable to latest battery powered grinder style attacks.

7. You are right but the same goes for any fitted item on your motorbike & its construction. A person with tools can dismantle a vehicle....shocker! Although I did fill in the allen key heads with silicon on mine & all over my bike for easy drying once cleaned.

8. Once the pin is in - even taking out the 2 allen bolts still keeps it stuck in the disc - just loose to the forks - like a normal disc lock.

So its still secure. - Or as secure as any disc lock.

They are great - I have one on my scrambler and multi for when out and about and stopped for a coffee and normally within visible view of bike.

At home 19mm chain and abloy padlock and ground anchor inside the garage.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. How so? to me it looks like you could take the caliper bolts out, remove the lock and then refit the caliper bolts, albeit you'd need shorter bolts, spacers or maybe even put the road lock back on upside-down as a spacer? and then could then ride away with a fully functioning braking system, or am I missing something?

Not saying it's no good, it's certainly better than nothing and easier than carrying a separate lock but I'm just wondering how effective it is?

10. Once the pin is in place - i.e. the lock is locked - unbolting the 2 screws still keeps the roadlock locked to the disc - like any other conventional disc lock.

• Like Like x 1
  11. It comes with longer standard screws as part of the kit - they are not anti tamper and they do not need to be.

12. Do I take it that the bracket is relatively light alloy and the locking pin hardened steel? Some what concerned about adding u-sprung weight otherwise.

13. Aluminium Bracket - machined from Billet and Steel Locking Pin.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. like said above, removing the bolts still leaves the lock secured to the disk

15. Anyone know how much from ducati?

16. It looks unobtrusive on the bike and some good comments. The issue of removing the bolts also doesn't seem to defeat it. As in all things, someone whom is determined with tools will have it but for the vast majority of scrotes, it looks like it does a good job.

• Love You Love You x 1
  17. Liking mine - it's a good device !

18. I'd also be interested in the price? I could not find it on the ducati UK site.

19. They are approx £230 from Ducati , look under the accessories section of the Ducati uk website, I will be adding them to my bikes once funds allow, I think they will keep the trackers company.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information