1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roads

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Alan williams, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Is it just round our way (Essex/Suffolk border) the dual carriageways in particular where they have got very bumpy, now seem to have a 50mph limit in sections with a sign saying for safety reasons.
    Can’t they just repair the roads

• Like Like x 1
  2. Its all roads isnt it?

3. The roads in Kirklees are bumpy too. But that’s mainly due to potholes :(

4. They're all 50mph around here, good and bad.

5. There aren't any roads in Kirlees.. Just bits of tarmac thrown onto the bridleways by Pikeys.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Same here in Surrey, all gone down to 50mph.

7. Unfortunately I think that’s true :(

8. Gloucestershire has had trunk roads at 50mph for a few years now, safety NIMBYs on the council. Most people ignore them but probably see 60mph as the ceiling whereas previously it might have been a touch higher than that...

Herefordshire yet to go the same way but I guess it's only a matter of time.

9. it is like that old joke "we couldn't fix the banging noise on your car,so we turned the radio up."

10. Repairing the roads wouldn't net them their speeding fines and speed awareness course booty. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dead right Alan, I'm regularly across the Essex Suffolk border and you have to keep your eyes well focused, especially on the A12.

AL

Do Not Sell My Personal Information