1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roadster seat or touring?.

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Az1980, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Got my diavel ordered for next month and having some bits fitted as soon as it lands. The question is, I hate the standard seat looks and have ordered the roadster but now I'm thinking of cancelling that and ordering the touring seat. I'm 6 ft and 15.5 stone (lean....haha), and was just wondering if people had any opinions on the seat choice.

Let me know what you think guys.....

cheers

az

2. Hadn't really thought about it to be honest. Ducati list 3 seat options, none of which I like really. But I haven't got a problem with the OE seat either.

3. I suppose it's a personal thing like most bike parts that aren't aesthetically pleasing to the eye...... Will probably go with the touring for a better riding position plus it'll match nicely with the carbon cans and rear hugger

4. I think the roadster seat is leather and comes with free tassels,would think a leather seat is the uk is about as much use as a chocolate ashtray.I had the touring seat and it gives you a sit on the bike feel as the standard seat is a sit in the bike feel.

5. Did 40mm make that much difference with the touring? It's just the padded lines on the oem that makes my eyes sting.......haha

6. Tbh i always rode the bike better with the standard seat as it felt right,i only got the touring seat because the standard suspension set up was so bad it killed the bottom of my back and the touring seat helped a little,but once i got the bike set up i went back to the standard,i would forget any seat options and spend time getting your suspension set up,imho the Diavel is a good bike but with better suspension(and ground clearance)it would be a great bike.

7. How would you advise someone who is useless mechanically (me!) to go about revising the suspension set up?

8. Sorry clicks,the full range is approx 30 clicks,so 20 in or 10 out is a good starting point,for me it instantly stopped that sharp kick to the lower back you get over bad road surfaces,the link gives some good advise.

9. Regarding the seat have you thought the strada seat. Go into your local dealer and have a sit. Seems more flat and better padding. I am going to get one and will report back as I will then have three seats. Standard, Touring and Strada.

10. Az1980 did you change seats? If so how did you get on? I'm still finding the std one ok, just get a numb bum after about 90 mins.

I'm going to have to get the suspension set up though. Taken the rear preload 10 clicks out which improved things, but the front can feel a bit hard at times.

loving it though, so glad I bought it! Lazy when you want it to be, but when the chance comes it can be a right animal!

11. Still waiting on the delivery of the bike. Italians takin all of August off has held it up. I've gone with the roadster as that's what the demo has got on it and it seems fine. Ill see how I get on as I want to put the 600 miles on it ASAP so I can unleash the fun haha. Really can't wait for delivery now and I'm on the phone everyday to see of there is an update on delivery......

Do Not Sell My Personal Information