1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rob Lewis = Top Man

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Daniel Howes, Feb 2, 2018.

1. I would like to personally thank vehicle detailer Rob Lewis for giving up his time for me earlier. After randomly messaging him on this forum with a question regarding the paint work on my 899, he quickly replied to me requesting I gave him a call as he could explain things to me in detail easier over the phone. Rob was a really pleasant guy, who was in no rush and explained to me about the issue I had and the products I could use to help resolve my issue. He couldn’t have been more kind, helpful and friendly! I would like to wish him all the best in his detailing/valeting business and look forward to seeing future threads on his detailing work.
    Just goes to show how many people there are in this forum who are willing to help others when in need!
    Thanks again and all the best!

• Like Like x 27
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. where is Rob based? sounds a cracking contact to have:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thank you so much for the kind words Danny!!! no problems helping anyone...like i said to you, I'm only a phone call away.....And @Speed I'm in Huddersfield buddy!..

• Like Like x 2
  4. Totally agree, having spent ages on the phone with Rob recently and him putting me in contact with a good local guy :upyeah:

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. This can't be the same @rob lewis who slings buckets of murky water over dodgy old motors for a living can it ??:eek:

Evening Rob !! ;) (Got a new bike yet ??)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Nope buddy...haven't had time to even look....strange usually Jan / feb is quiet due to weather but this year its just crazy.....word must be getting round that my deerty water £5 wash does wonders for your cars paintwork!...:joy:

• Like Like x 3
  7. A Lady Godiva ?? You've put ya prices up too ?? :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I phoned rob once, or at least the number he gave me. I was suspicious by the 0898 number but immediately felt at ease by the lady on the other end offering to service things for me

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Recently had a full respray on my four wheel toy (Daimler Super 8) and the paint is now 4 weeks old. How long should I I leave it before using IPA to prepare ready for waxing?

10. Try sending rob a PM, I’m sure he will be more than happy to help :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  11. May well do that, he comes across as a good guy. :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Hi Hugh.....i'd leave it another 4 weeks to fully ' gas off '......then I would NOT use IPA buddy...its a bit harsh to be using on new paint....Buy some Naptha based Bilt Hamber Cleanser fluid ( much more effective than IPA at removing oils etc, but much gentler )....Polished bliss sell it with free delivery.........If you need any advice on wax just shout buddy...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. That's great Rob, thankyou. Was planning to use Bilt Hamber wax as you had recommended it in an earlier post. I 'll get some pics up when it:s done.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Great....remember 2 coats an hour apart buddy....you'll have a great layer of beading perfection....

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Brilliant, just waiting for a chance to do it now. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yep many thanks to Rob for his advice on polishing my Triumph GT6, and also my 748, top guy ta bud

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Its my pleasure and anytime buddy.....if you need any info going forward just shout! Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tell me Daniel, when you phoned him, did you hear heavy breathing and a wet slapping noise ? Rob told me "errr I was working and the wet slapping noise honestly was errr a wet flannel on the side of the bath".....I remain suspicious :D

Top bloke is Rob, always happy to help people

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Hi Rob ... not so much of a detaining question more of product one. I got used diesel engine oil about 9 inches square on my dads rear seat of his mint 04 Passat estate. Barring sourcing new fabric to get it recovered the light grey is also very rare to get hold of second hand. Is there a product you know of that i could use in a VAX or normal hand held bottle to help to remove it ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information