1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rockingham Sat 14th Oct

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Cream_Revenge, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Anyone going? Long range weather is not looking too bad (what do they actually know though?!).

Not been to The Rock (do people actually call it that????) But need 1 last junkie TD fix this year.

2. Bookin in Inters with NL. Wonder how the tyre will last this time...............

3. Be careful in the first right hander(Yentwood)..plenty of experienced guys lost it when exiting.
    I find there is less grip compared to other tracks,but this only adds to it and the layout is nice :)

Due to lack of time I have done only 3 track days this year. : unamused:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Get you pressures higher mate and check your outgoing and incoming pressures immediately before/after each session, if you're incoming pressures are lower add air, repeat until stable :upyeah:

There's little point listening to other's pressure recommendations unless you ride at their pace as their tyre's will heat up more or less than yours.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. This might help a bit??

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. And remember, if its cold tearing you drop the pressure.....!!

Like most tracks it’s late apex most turns.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Ah that's a difficult one... if there is insufficient pressure then surface of the tyre gets much hotter than the carcass, this leads to the surface of the tyre being ripped off in chunks, which is caused by too low a pressure. My GUESS is that while CR is running is in Inters he may not be getting sufficient temps into the tyres and therefore needs to increase his pressures...

8. He put the pressure up last time, ripped it even worse ;)

Think what you are describing is hot tear. Similar but more destructive.

Source Dave Moss :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ps he was running 31 iirc COLD in the rear on a cutslick

10. He's running cut slicks now??

Yeah the only way he's gonna know what's going on is by being on top of his pressures as soon as he comes off track vs when he went out. Works for me anyway!

11. Me? I'm not! I'm on Power RS.

12. Those power Michelin things he as running wasn’t he? Like a supercorsa tyre

13. Yes, cut slick

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  14. NO! Wife wont let me take the angle grinder in the kitchen!

15. Haha...

So they're cut MotoGP slicks right?

16. Ha youvfellas... we all know these ‘road tyres’ are track rubber with minimal ‘cuts ‘ to make legal

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. I might Book on to this, but on a gsxr 1000 now, (tail between legs)

• Like Like x 1
  18. The Pani go or tucked away?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information