1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rolex Submariner

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dr.D, Dec 19, 2018.

1. So I know the waiting list for a Rolex Submariner is lengthy, but I have been offered a brand new, 2018, Black Submariner date for the list price i.e. £6550. Should I buy it and sell it? In a nutshell. Bikes not watches are my thing, and when I look on eBay new ones are up to £8500. Or if I buy does anyone want it?
    Thanks for your advice.

2. You should buy it and go on a diving expedition and discover some Atlantis type shit. Then you should go on the world tour. Then you should live to be like 98 years old and get a knighthood. You should make love to your wife one last time with the watch on and look deeply into her eyes as you breath your last breath which should say "sell my watch and take care of our only son Susan". Susan is your transgender son. But little do you know your wife grew weary of you because you bought a stupid watch and lived in a submarine for a year sucking off submariners, thereby getting your deep sea dick diver badge. She has a second family and your watch is going to be given to her other husband Adrian. Adrian is gonna sell your watch and buy a horse and ride into your only son (susan).

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Camelfarmer, take it easy, but you need to seek deep psychological help. I hope 2019 brings you everything you need and want....

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. By the sound of it some desperately-needed dick. :no_mouth:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Reading it again... just a hunch but Camelfarmer are you Australian?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Sounds a better option than putting money into a pension scheme which IMHO are a complete waste of time.

7. Evoarrow, I know nothing about Rolex's. My wife has one, I don't wear a watch. But she put my name down a year ago for a Rolex Submariner, they rung me today saying it is ready to collect. Should I? Or think bollocks I am going to get another Ducati? Not that I have unlimited pennies to spend!

8. There's a few on here that are into expensive watches. Best get their advice. Personally, I like to have a buyer ready if it was a quick profit needed or wanted.

I'm sure someone will be along to help advise

• Like Like x 1
  9. Is it a dated one?

Doh. Read it again.

Will ask a mate who has one but wants another for his son.

10. What do you mean? It brand new, from Goldsmiths. It is a the date version, i.e. has a mini magnifying glass and a date. Is that what you mean? Sorry I am pretty stupid when it comes to watches

11. Yes the little window.

He got lucky, expected a year wait and got one within 4weeks

12. Reach out to @Mary Hinge or @yev they seem to know about these things.

ps. I’m interested in the responses as well for a similar reason.

13. i am a very bad advisor i am afraid. as my advise would be - just buy it.
    i am a lucky cunt. i got given rolex last week!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. .................:eyes:

15. Either buy it and move it on if you don't want it or put it in a safe and in a few years sell it. Usually the twice a year Rolex increase helps the market go up.
    Or just wear the fucker. I wear mine most of the time.
    Mines not a sub but a seadweller

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Indeed you are!

17. how do you tell a fake ?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. If watches are of little or no interest to you, I’d leave it. You might make a quick buck or you might get stuck with it. Yes, people are paying overs on steel sports Rolex right now (the Daytona being the daddy) but people in the know, won’t pay overs. A dealer might give you a few quid in overs but only if he’s got a buyer lined up. And dealers want at least £1k out of the deal at this level.
    I’m certainly no dealer and I’ve secured two Daytona’s at list in the past. I’d never ever pay overs on a watch. Or anything else for that matter.
    But if you’re getting it list, you won’t have your conkers in it. You’ll be able to recoup your money should you wish to.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. You lucky cunt. :eyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information