1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ron Haslam Race School Closing

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by El Toro, Jul 15, 2020.

1. 6275D98E-AA59-431A-BF7F-CAD49B008995.png

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. I’ve done four training days with them, the last being last summer, and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed every one. And each time my confidence and style has improved.

Sad day :(

3. That’s a shame.... :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Threads merged

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. That’s a real shame. I have not personally attended one of their days but I do hope Ron will be able to continue in some form.
    This C-19 is a royal pain in the ass for so many and we are only really at the start I fear.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I must be just that bit more cynical because my first thought was I wonder if this has anything to do with JP/MSV taking on the running of Donington. Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Or a combination.

8. Yeah that's a great shame, i've done a few there myself over the years and it's always been a top day/afternoon.
    And most importantly i have always gone home afterwards with having learn't something new every time.

9. I'd wondered the same ... especially with California SS jumping in bed with MSV...

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Listening to the MotoGP commentary Hodgson was talking about the school closing and said there were rumours that it may continue in a different format so fingers crossed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. That's the rumour going around.

Will be on your own bikes rather than theirs potentially

• Like Like x 2
  12. Sadly Honda have withdrawn their support for the Race School run by Ron and his wife Ann.

I have organised an annual trackday for family, friends, colleagues and business acquaintances over the last 11 years which, rain or shine, was thoroughly enjoyed by all.

Between Ron and Leon they seem to have raced most makes of machine so I would hope another manufacturer will step up and support the venture which, as far as I can find, is unique in the UK insofar that you could arrive suited and booted and everything would be provided.

13. This news has already been the topic of discussion on here. You have just added a piece to the jigsaw as the speculation about the reason was MSV and their tie in with the latest incarnation of CSS. :upyeah: Andy

14. Apologies for any duplication. Must’ve missed that. Can the moderators subsume this into the previous thread?

15. I completely missed this hence my new thread.

Honda have withdrawn their support for the Race School run by Ron and his wife Ann.

I have organised an annual trackday for family, friends, colleagues and business acquaintances over the last 11 years which, rain or shine, was thoroughly enjoyed by all.

Between Ron and Leon they seem to have raced most makes of machine so I would hope another manufacturer will step up and support the venture which, as far as I can find, is unique in the UK insofar that you could arrive suited and booted and everything would be provided.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Such a shame , I did two track days with , it was a great learning experience .

17. Huge loss to UK biking from both a track and road riding perspective.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information