1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rossi’s New Chapter

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by El Toro, Mar 7, 2021.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. Go Rossi Go Rossi :motorcycleduc::cool: He must get a win this year :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. That would be nice for sure and a few rostrums also thrown in for good measure.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Just needs to get off to a good start.
    Love to see him wining again.Keeping fingers crossed.

4. I think they will all get off to a good start as Marquez will retire after the first race.

5. Renewed my MotoGP.com sub this morning in anticpation of watching more racing than I did last year :rolleyes:

#8 Bumpkin, Mar 8, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  6. My guess is this might be his last year.

7. Yes. If he cant make this bike work, yet the new talent can. It would be a shame but maybe overdue anyway.

8. looking at his times and his comments, he is in for a long season, doesn't like the new chassis and was fairly off the pace (1.7seconds).

Before the fan boys jump in... there's been new riders into MotoGP where when they finished a test 1.7 off Journo's have said it "wasn't a bad effort for a first go".

I do like Rossi, but he's now an equivalent of what a pay rider is in terms of his commercial value outweighing his performance and that's sad to watch. I am sure there is another rider who would have loved a shot on that bike.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Fantastic rider, even now. But not competitive enough to get enough points during the season imo, that is a shame.
    Early season testing though. It does not mean much. We have seen time and again he is nowhere in qualifying but finds pace on the “Sunday”.
    Would like to at least see a win and some podiums before he leaves the stage, which should probably be the end of this year. No point taking up grid space without real potential of taking the championship.

10. Is he not on essentially the same bike he rode last year? Yamaha are in for some pain this season.

11. He's been testing a new frame which is supposed to be like the 19 one, but doesn't like it, and tbf Fabio said the same, which begs the question why they aren't going back to the 19 frame, there must be a different big weakness with the 19 one.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. As J biker said above, let's not draw too many conclusions from testing.
    Yamaha as a whole finished testing strongly, including Rossi, who was sounding optimistic after working with his new team for a number of days.
    Let's see what actual racing brings, and let's show a little faith in the old war horse. I believe he deserves it

Do Not Sell My Personal Information