1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rossi Broken Leg

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by duke63, Aug 31, 2017.

1. According to Italian websites he has broken his leg in a training accident.

2. Damn, I hope that's wrong as he's still right in the mix

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Just before Misano is not a good time for him or the Italian crowds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Just read that, right leg.

5. Undoing surgery tonight will prob miss Misano - Tib and Fib fracture

Gutted for him and everyone following the MotoGP

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Gutted :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. He wasn't gonna win this year anyway, but sucks for him to have a significant break and surgery :-(

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Who will take his ride for the next race, Zarco, WSB riders, Alex lowes, Van de rmark ??

9. Not upset.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. I really hope this isn't it...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Can't he just get it plastered and dangle the leg out front? No commitment that boy.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  12. I'll have a go. :innocent:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. After last weekend, he was about 4th favourite in my book to take the championsip after Marquez, Dovi & Vinales.

I still don't want to see anybody suffer an injury and would like to have seen a straight fight. Lets hope Dovi-mania keeps the excitement up at Misano if Rossi isn't there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Very sad to hear this.
    Regardless of whether anyone thinks he was capable of winning the title or not , it's losing a competitor that was making the younger guns having to work harder for a race win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Why any MotoGP rider is allowed to do motocross during the season beggars belief. Plenty of other ways to maintain bike fitness, but mx just seems foolhardy given how easy it is to get a serious leg/knee injury.

Gutted that VR46 is out - like him or not, he is the fan favourite and has helped keep the title race the tightest it has been for years. I suspect he may never get his 10th.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Bad news for the spectacle of MGO and the races.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I heartily agree. I had the privilege of seeing the great VR46 on Sunday at the GP at Silverstone. I travelled on my ST4s. Son and eldest daughter in his Fiat Punto. Great to have a support car to dump all your gear in:upyeah:

The MOTO3 and 2 were also spectacular - Rossi has team interests there also. What this guy has done for the sport is incredible. Having been there in person my estimate would be 95% of attendees supporting VR and wearing some form of Rossi apparel. I was one of the 5%. I WAS supporting him but I wore my old Ducati shirt as I finally fulfilled an ambition to ride there on a Ducati to see the race.

The race coverage makes it look like all the riders are supported en mass. The crowd is genial and respectful of all the riders but VR is still the big draw. There is, I believe, a simple reason for this. He loves what he does and with his abilities that makes him always a contender that cannot be ruled out. We need more like him.

Off saopbox :blush:

• Like Like x 5
  18. I've lost respect for Marquez after his antics last year but Dovi looks to be on a roll. He gets my support now.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information