1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rossi

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Jnestie, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Rossi has signed with Yamaha until 2018 :). Let's see if Lorenzo stays or jumps ship now to prove himself on another bike.

2. Would love to see Lorenzo on a Honda but if they couldn't tempt him when Marquez was winning races then they won't now!

All I want is to see Pedrosa on a Yamaha, I'm convinced he will be more comfortable on it

3. That is an interesting decision and timing made by Yamaha given the indecision 3 years ago when negotiating contracts with Rossi and the shenanigans of last season. I would love to know what is going through Lorenzo's mind right now, just before qualifying for the first race of the season. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. i think lorenzo will be happy that Rossi is staying until 2018,much better having a team mate you know you can beat

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Right now Lorenzo is beating everyone. :cry:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. yeah, but i think it might be differant if Marquez or even Pedrosa were his team mates

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I would have thought Yamaha would have been more interested in getting Lorenzo's signature first. I can't see Lorenzo wanting to go elsewhere though as he is the number 1 Yamaha rider :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Maybe you just answered your own question ;)

9. Yamaha wanted to get him to resign first,but you can't blame Lorenzo for looking at what other options are available, if nothing interests him he knows Yamaha are desperate to keep him..plus they might just up their offer!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I'd really love to see Lorenzo go to Ducati and do what Rossi could not. Win races and take the title. Ducati need Marquez or Lorenzo to get where they were with casey. Trouble is though if Lorenzo signs for anyone other than Yamaha they'll pull the plug on all the good bits for the remainder of 2016 leaving Rossi as number 1, not something i am keen on.

11. Let's not forget that if Lorenzo did jump to Ducati, he'll be jumping onto a winning package. This is very different to when Rossi jumped to a known crap Ducati.

He should have earned the respect from turning that Yamaha from a crap ride into a winner, even if he couldn't manage it with the duke.

If it does happen, anyone that says Lorenzo has done what Rossi couldn't is deluded.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. The myth that the Yamaha was a crap bike and Rossi magically turned it into a winner is not true, Max came 2nd in the championship and won several races on the "crap" Yamaha..also Rossi would still be with Honda now if they had let him control all his marketing himself..it was all about money & we all know the reason he left Yamaha for Ducati and returned with his tail between his legs!.i do admit the ducati is a better bike now though

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. You sure about that? 2003, Rossi was on a Honda and the championship standings show the highest Yamaha being 7th (Checa). 2004, Rossi joins Yamaha and wins the championship, the next best Yam is 7th in the standings (Checa again).

Kind of makes it look like Rossi took the yam higher than any other Yamaha rider could by 6 whole championship places (and to the win).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. "knowing you can beat" makes it sound like it's a given.. Loz also knows that rossi can beat him and has done many times.. not all in the distant past either... cant be all that comfortable having the Dr as ya team mate and knowing that ya slightest error could be your undoing.. i certainly dont think the Dr's days are over but the smart money would be on loz for sure... having said that loz can be his own worst enemy should the stars not align and thats the beauty of this sport... they all have their strengths and weaknesses... just hope this season has half the drama of last! and look out for MV i say

15. 2002 max 2nd in championship on "CRAP" Yamaha 2 wins 8 podiums..careless chuca was not really a good indication of how good the yam was

#15 Blairbiker, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  16. Still think he would rather have Rossi as a team mate than any of the other aliens,yes Rossi can still beat him now..but only if he is having a bad day

17. 2002... mixed 500cc and 990cc... Yes the yamaha did OK but everyone was new to 990. Next year, the year before Rossi jumped, Yamaha did crap.

2003...You're right, Max did come 3rd in the championship... with the HONDA Camel Pramac Pons team

18. bet they all hoping Casey doesnt return on the 'duekati' he would wipe the floor with them all!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. not sure.... Rossi, despite his age, is still the true alien... i think if by some bizarre twist of fate MM and Loz were team mates they wouldnt invoke the same fear or concerns in each other as Rossi does in them.. as in, whilst they may not like losing to each other, i think its not as bad in their minds as having an "old" man,who, is still in the motor cycling worlds perception, the bench mark that all others aspire to better

20. Let's be frank Lorenzo is number 1 by a country mile , now stoner scenario would make it very interesting especially in same team for me stoner every time .

• Agree Agree x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information