1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rosso Iii Wear Pattern

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Dave821SP, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Had a couple of these now, they always wear the same and develop the same handling characteristic. I run about 34psi.

Not terribly obvious from the pic, but the old wears to a point, its fine up to about 2000 miles then the point becomes really noticeable and the bike begins to handle very strangely.

the last few hundred miles, i've been fighting the bike, its felt like its wanted to tuck in low speed turns and stand up in higher speed turns. Coming off the gas in a trun ( i know !) or braking deep into a turn had the thing standing up and running wide, the only way get on with it was lots of counter steer and upper body language ( not much a hanging off/knee down kinda chap).

It was also really bad at tracking road grooves and pot holes had it standing up too.

New tyre on today, jeez, i had to re-learn how to go around bends, first proper bend (with due care, since its a new tyre) nearly had me head butting the tarmac, I must of been really heaving on the bars to keep it on line with the old tyre, a subtle nudge does the trick now!

anyways, 140 miles tonight(inc. back to back runs up Hartside), confidence restored!

thought it might be interesting and of course would like to hear others experience of the Rosso III

Dave

Screen Shot 06-26-18 at 09.47 PM.JPG

View attachment 122298

Do Not Sell My Personal Information