1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Routes To The Misano World Circuit

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Multirider75, Jul 6, 2022.

1. Only a couple of weeks to go until our trip, and I’ve pretty much got a rough route in mind.

I’m not one to sit on a computer for days on end plotting routes, as we don’t want to be tied to specific days, just get up, see how the weather looks, how many hours we want to ride that day, then go. Typically we’ll book a hotel at around 4pm on the day, once we know where we’ll be, and when we’ll want to stop.

The route back from Misano is pretty much sorted (Lake Garda/ Dolomites/ Black Forest etc), but I’m trying to decide which route to go down. We won’t be on motorways at all, travelling down the East side of France. I’m toying with either staying in Chamonix for the second night, however, after reading about Entlebuch in the latest ABR, those roads look quite special.

Has anyone been to Entlebuch, and would you recommend the area? If we head from there to Misano avoiding motorways, are there any must do roads/ places to stop.

Or would Chamonix be better, then ride across? If so, any recommendations?

2. I don't like the Swiss and their obsession with speed limits so I would go via France (have you done the route Napoleon?).

Once in Italy, I would recommend the ss65 della Futa, classic road where Ducati prototypes get tested, with a lunch stop at Chalet Raticosa on the Raticosa pass (you won't definitely be the only motorbiker there). Depending on time, I would do it in the Bologna-Firenze direction and then cross the Appenine again towards the Adriatic coast, plenty of nice roads in Tuscany and Marche. On the way back do not miss the Strada della Forra on the Lombardy side of Lake Garda, incredible road carved in the mountain with amazing views of the lake. Have fun!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. That’s very helpful, thanks :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Yep, that may well be doable, as we’re heading north from Bardolino one day.

5. I know there is a lot of talk about the Police in Switzerland and their inflexible approach to speed limits, but along with three friends spent three days riding passes and never saw a single plod. The previous year I also rode a couple of days coming back from northern Italy with the wife and didn’t see any on that trip either. It has stunning countryside and well worth it in my opinion.

6. Yep, same here, I’ve hardly seen any, as we normally stick to smaller roads. Will see how hungover we are on day 2, but could well include it, as it’ll bring the miles down slightly.

7. Cross into Switzerland at Schaffhausen and leave Switzerland via the Julierpass and the Malojapass into Italy arriving lake Como.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Will check the mappage for those. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information