1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Royal Enfield Himalayan

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by noobie, May 13, 2018.

1. A brand new single for a cock under 4k?

2. Not a bad bike, couple of my mates own one in India, little bit under powered is the verdict. I will probably be buying one later this year in India to replace my little Bajaj Pulsar. The first generation had carbs, now they have just bought out the second generation which is fuel injected and supposedly resolved the issues which the first suffered from.
    Ducati's chief designer had a lot to do with the bike so I read!

3. Ex Chief Designer: Pierre Terblanche :)

4. More informative video here:

5. @Exige that the one-cheers.

6. Ah, that bloke that designs ironing boards. :thinkingface: I thought I recognised that horizontal line right through the Royal Enfield. :)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  7. I'm genuinely interested.

Having just swapped my monster for a panigale and clocking up the miles, I'm a little worried about riding it all year around (salt and robbers).

Looking for a winter hack and occasional trips away and this may tick the boxes? It's either a cheap 2nd bike or swapping for a multi/ktm-gt

The only problem is gettting there (from uk out of Europe on motorways).

8. Had a test ride on one last week quite liked it won't be selling the Multistrada to buy one but can see one joining the fleet later in the year

9. Understood.

I couldn't see it being an "only" bike but a useful tool never the less.

10. What I did find funny given the marque is made in India is how the chap seemed to say, since a european got involved it's been made with really cheap and flimsy parts.

also on Terblanche's input, related in some way?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

?

11. Enfields made in India are a damn sight more reliable than the British ones were - I know, I had three Brit Bullets and one 250cc Cont GT; but I liked them. Really tough engines and gearboxes. Clutches used to be a bit weak - not so nowadays it seems. They don't seem to leak oil anymore (or not as much anyway).

The only thing I really don't like about the modern ones are the silencers and exhaust pipes - I am sure they could design something more attractive especially for the Cont GT.

12. My dad has one, the only issue is the uber soft Suspension, rest seems ok

13. I bought one back in June, mainly for putting on the back of the camper with a Hydralifter, but also for winter commuting, which after ten days of having a cold I’m doing today, hope she starts

4D0C68E1-08E5-403E-A912-18C3B2B6F4FC.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information