1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rr

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Bondy7070, May 26, 2019.

1. Popped into Ducati yesterday with the 899 for a brew and a peruse due to there being a 17k V4 for sale, long story short left unaroused and ended up in the land of Bee em Dubble vey.
    I walked in and asked if they had 'one', they didn't need explaining of what I meant by 'one' but just cheekily grinned and said that they do but its not really allowed to be out front until June 1, guy took me round the back, no homo, and showed me it.
    Ill be honest it gave me the fizz, I didn't even get that much of a feeling when I looked at the V4R in the garage next to me at Anglesey last weekend, maybe because the RR is more realistically attainable I don't know.
    Im booked in for a test ride on the 20th, what I cant make my mind up on is which model to get. The bike more than likely wont go on road much in my ownership, will be purely track based.
    Any advice from the vasty majority of you that have much more experience than I?
    Im thinking sport but a few people have said for an extra 3k you can have the M sport with bigger discs and light weight wheels, but another main bonus of the M sport is the paint job but the bike will be in track fairings. My riding level isn't high enough to compliment those wheels either in my opinion.
    PS, I know some may say this is an edgy topic to ask on this forum, but I still have a Panigale if thats enough to keep me from the chants of "shame, shame"
    Cheers
    Bondy

IMG_20190525_103414_288.jpg

2. Nice

Tough choice: you cant get the wheels etc for 3k, but then do you want carbon wheels on track?

I’d pay the 3k tbh, especially if I was a middle group rider or no interest racing it. By far best value sportsbike out there :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Im really not arsed about the wheels tbh, I know there a mega thing to get if your proper into your lap times and that but I just dont need them. But so you'd still say go full M sport?

4. I’d have to try the std one. Not looked sat spec: if its not got the semi-active suspension on the standard version, TBH after my experience on the R, I’d go std and add a decent shock, revalue forks for my weight and buy some Brembo brakes.

5. It’s supposed to be the fastest bike out of the box of 2019. Everyone I know who has ridden one has said it’s very very good.

I wouldn’t hesitate.

Carbon wheels make a big difference but they’re also a shit to not damage changing tyres and many championships won’t allow you to run them (if you’re racing)

If you went racing you would likely ditch the active suspension anyway ...

I hear the brakes are actually pretty good!

#5 Advikaz, May 26, 2019
    Last edited: May 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I'm probably not going to hesitate when it comes to purchasing it, my only hesitation is which model. Model in question ill be test riding is the sport, but I cant help but look at the M and dribble. Irrelevant however as the bike will be in track fairings asap.

7. I edited my above comment.

If it was me, and I was going to either race or track it. I’d probably go standard and chuck some decent race suspension in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Stock is 15200, sport is 16700, 19700 for the M. Seeing as Im not arsed about the tyres i think yeah your right ill either stock it or may just chuck the extra grande and a bit in and sport it.

9. Do you get active suspension with all models? What about the electronics (cornering abs, dtc, pit limiter, launch control etc)?

10. Is go for the M but that's just me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. List extras for each different option here

Screenshot_20190526_153557_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190526_153608_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190526_153623_com.android.chrome.jpg

12. Sometimes spec is higher on the std than they say. Worth finding out, as stuff like s;ide control, wheelie control, pit limiter and launch control could be useful

• Like Like x 1
  13. Reckon gear shift assist pro is the quickshifter? Not listed on the basic either. Ill ask a load more question when I go in for test.

14. Got to be the M mate. Purely so you can flick the v's at all the povs on their shitty stockers and sports :)

Did you get any indication on availability and delivery dates? @carson has ordered an M and he's been told October.... :sob: To park in the garage til spring.....:scream:

But probably not cos he's down in Spain a lot. The jammy twat...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Auto blipper . mine has it

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yeah see thats another thing, I'm quite an avid follower of BVG and he also says his has been knocked from June till minimum of September, as I haven't even got a deposit down yet then yes its probably going to be October at least. Is getting it in and having it parked up over winter, albeit a complete tease, sensible for tinkering with it before track next year or would you recommend to order later? See you've got a pretty jizzy track bike as well, whats your take on having a big bucks bike parked up for a long period of time before use?
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ahhh right, so stock will have a QS then happy days

18. The Bimmer carbon wheels are awesome. Check out the vid. I e-mailed them as their list of bike manufacturers doesn't include Ducati!!! Their reply was check back in 3 months. Lighter per pair than equivalent BST's and they have a reinforced rim too; fnarrrr fnarrrr.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Yeah, I like BVG too, I think he's funny.

To be perfectly honest I'm a bit of a tackle tart. I've got 2 lovely bikes and I like poncing about with them to make them look nice(r). I can happily faff about in the garage at night with them, clean em, change this, change that while I carry on with my drink problem. Love it :beer::beer::)

Obviously I like playing on them too at trackdays. I can happily scoot round at a fair lick but I ain't no racer, that's for sure. If I were you I'd just bang your order in and grab it when it comes. Quite a few people cancel orders and deposits so you may shoot up the list sooner than you think. Get the M! :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Yeah he's a funny dude.
    Yeah I think that's how I'm going to be as well, I've lost the buzz for road and as long as I get plenty of time for track I'll be happy to just have something very naughty either in a garage or back of a van g2g.
    Yeah definately there's always a smattering off cold feet and the choices of options isn't massive really it's 1 of 3 so there will be plenty of cancellations that should be desirable.
    I'd love to, will need a big think. I'll post again after my test ride next month if no one else has on how it went and see from there.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information