1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rules, Points And Bans Information Request 2

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by noobie, Aug 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It seems the thread was locked before information was checked and wrong information was givenand so clarification was sought

if you click on your picture/avatar, the information that db showed will NOT be available to a member seeking it. DB was able to see what no one else could see because she has access as a member of the backroom

ducati scud, you said this

Why would you need to know how far from a ban a member is, that's for the member and the admin team. If you're talking about your profile don't you already know this information?

If someone is unsure even if they have any points at all, there is no way a member themselves can find out anywhere on their account and yes, Between member and admin only

on the second part, no, it is nowhere on your profile, not even on the bits only you can see.

steve r you said this
    Since I don't practice being a W'ker on the forum, I've no reason to worry about this sort of thing.
    Perhaps you should take a long hard look at yourself chap?

Steve R

Given how keen some are so seek bans, I believe your post falls under the site rules of
    Behave in a Malicious Manner

Do not behave in a manner that can cause distress, harm or inconvenience to other members, staff or the forum itself. This includes, but is not limited to, discrimination, bullying, offensive material, using multiple forum accounts, breaching others privacy and accessing others accounts without permission. Accounts will be terminated in cases of malicious behaviour.

as well as
    Flame or Provoke

Do not insult or flame other members of the forum. Similarly, do not post with the intention of provoking a reaction from fellow members. This includes encouraging flame wars. Instigation is not tolerated.

Given your post, I'm sure you can understand why it has been reported as well as the independent and impartial admin who chose to endorse that abuse by selecting agree.

now, hopefully now it's clear members cannot see how many points they have, if they have any at all. The answer to my question would seem to be, if any member wants to know if they have any points at all, there is no function where they can check unless they ask directly, a member from the backroom team?

#1 noobie, Aug 1, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Your original thread seemed to ask for this information to be public hence my reply.

It's interesting that I can get banned without warning.

I'll assume you've been banned a couple of times recently and feel aggrieved that you have been, could you not have PM'ed a member of the admin team.

It seems on the face of it you're trying to create a storm in a teacup over being banned?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Far from it scud, yes you can get banned without a warning and most bans are.

My request was for information as there appeared none visible and I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be visible or not to the member privately, this would be a tech issue and the right place to ask is in the suggestions and feedback.

I have since asked in a pm with db about this, she invited el in unrequested by me, and when i pointed out the advice she gave was incorrect, they have both gone quiet.

no teacup or storm, el loves banning me :D, but more how can you stop others who might run a similar guantlet who may not even know they have points

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Which bit are your points.. the red bit?
    Only I notice dB has 100 more than ne

5. I had a look after the information posted in the 1st thread @noobie I certainly can't see anything relating to warning points, as per @Ducbird 's reply. I await clarification on this post as the 1st was closed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1

6. as far as I read noobie's request the points he wants to see are for a ban or imminent ban, not the rating numbers.

7. No Scud, My request was for any member to see for themselves only, if they had any points at all and if so how many because it was not visible to that member.

If it should have been visible and now was not then it would have been a system tech failure which you raise in this part of the forum. if the reply from db had been, members cannot see their points in anyway but can ask the backroom how many, then that situation would have been clarified, clarity is all that is being sought

8. Maybe the closed thread and this thread could be merged?

Not that it would help at all... it's just that merging threads is so damned satisfying.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2

9. Ok that would be better.

So having been banned on at least a couple of occasions could you tell me are you informed?

1. you're banned?

2. why you're banned?

3 how long the bans for?

• Useful Useful x 2
  10. If you are in the forum at the time then the next refresh you will not be sent a message through convo's telling you what you have been banned for or that you have been banned. You will see a banner pop up that says why you are banned and until when, you will see no mention of points at all which is important given bans use a points system

The problem you have with that is the only consistency in inconsistency as most will be labelled as trolling and not as the correct infringment.

Why is this important? from the site rules...

Warning Points are used to trigger automatic bans, the point levels at which bans trigger are as follows: 2 points is a 3 day ban from posting. 3 points is a 5 day ban from posting. 4 points is a 7 day ban from posting. 5 points is a 14 day ban from posting. 6 and 7 are a 30 day ban, 8 and 9 points are a 3 month ban. 10 points is a permanent ban. Points expire 30 days after they have been issued, except Adult Content and Trolling points expire 180 days after they have been issued.

This is why knowing what points you have, if any, and if you have, whether they are wiped out after 30 days or 6 months. Knowing this helps the individual and can also benefit the forum knowing they operate a clearly accountable and transparent set of rules

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Far from "Behaving in a Maliciuos Manner" my post was an honest attempt to perhaps point you in the right direction.
    Strange that those that disagreed with my post seem to be those that upset more forum members than the majority of members, mostly by posting complete drivel/off topic answers on serious subjects.
    Perhaps they to should take a long look at themselves as well?

Steve R

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1

12. Do you get banned not knowing the reason as to why, your points increase without your knowledge?

Do the admins ban after coming to an agreement between each other or as single admin member?

Is each infringement 1 point or does it vary depending on the severity of the infringement?

I know to subscribe is only a fiver, I lost a fiver earlier today which pee'd me off. If you're banned does your subscription renewal date stay the same or is it calculated allowing for the ban and extended for the renewal date?

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Based on my own and a number of members that have shared with me I can only offer the following

Until that banner pops up, no you don't know nor why it has been designated as one reason or the other and no, you do not know what your points status is, how many you have been given or what your total is

Our current structure I believe is site owner, rob who rarely comes in, even more rarely replies to anyones messgages, El who is our only admin and db who is our only mod. I believe only site owners or admins can ban but suspect it is discussed.

I know my last ban for 30 days happened 23 seconds after I used a site allowed nuke to strongly disagree with a statement, I'm not sure how much discussion happened in 23 seconds

No one knows and this is to point I was raising about clarity. it is very much in the hands of those issuing the ban. Impartiality and indepence of thought is asked of those making those decisions. As exhibited by steve robins when calling me a wanker, that abuse was endorsed by our admin with an agree, it would seem independence and impartiality are not the tools used the most when a ban is applied

My understanding is, once you pay to subscribe to the site, your money is gone no matter what happens and is from the date of payment. I have always subscribed because I use the site a lot. If I was a casual user then to stop seeing the adverts, I would not pay the fiver but simply use adblock or ublock and adverts are gone.

I invest in the site time wise and finacially because to a large part, I enjoy it and my question was simply seeking clarification on the rules

#13 noobie, Aug 1, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. It’s not a democracy ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. It doesn't need to be ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Is everyone aware they are not forced to be on the forum? If anyone does not like the rules or how it's run why not just set up your own forum? If anyone keeps getting banned maybe they need to alter their behaviour rather than blaming admins.

Personally I think the admins to a bloody good job for no thanks or recompense.

Some people seem to just want to stir up shit.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. no one is forced to be on this site INCLUDING the admin. if they cant be impartial then perhaps they should have a good loo at themselves and give up what they are doing if they cant behave appropriately . yes its a thankless job but its not something they have to do.
    . im not sure why noobs was banned at all but i did see him basically being called a wan.er and it was not only let go, it was condoned by a certain admin. personally i dont give a shit but its all a lil one sided from where i sit.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. You could be an admin, that would be........ interesting

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. interesting is a word... probably not the correct one for this application mind!
    no, i do thin. the admin do a great job and love him very much... but its a tad fuc.ed up of late

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. You seem to be half typing in Morse code.....

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information