1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rumoured Changes To Ducati Team

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by Ducati News, Jan 8, 2013.

1. 167299_174502995920971_139576929413578_310680_7516598_n.jpg
    Ducati is continuing to make changes to its Moto GP team ahead of the forthcoming 2013. There are going to be some internal changes according to reports in Italy this week and this includes Alessandro Cicognani, who has been a long term member of Ducati Corse and was given the position of Project Manager in 2010, is rumoured to be moving away from the racing side of things and, instead, taking up a role with Ducati Motor.

Cicognani has been with Ducati since 2000 had has been involved in various different projects and departments within the Ducati team. This isn’t the first reorganization of Ducati since the end of the 2012 season however as Filippo Preziosi was moved on to a role as the Director of Research & Development for Ducati Motor Holding. This was thought to be a direct result of Valentino Rossi’s disastrous spell with Ducati.

Indeed, Ducati has also made some high-profile changes to their line up on the track for the 2013 season as well. In came Ben Spies, Nicky Hayden as well as Andrea Dovizioso however with Cicognani expected to be moved and more changes on the horizon there will certainly be a new look Ducati competing the 2013 Moto GP.

167299_174502995920971_139576929413578_310680_7516598_n.jpg

2. Hi,
    not that i know much but from my sofa there was only one guy that could tame the 990 beast,Ducati was a head by a long way in this era with Casey in the saddle!
    The changes that the rules forced all the manufacturers to make 1000cc left Ducati floundering sadly, I think they could do with a young Gary McCoy there was talk he was coming back to help a lesser team???
    Fingers crossed for the new season the boys may have a mountain to climb BUT who knows what advances Ducati have made? Will still need an animal tamer!!
    Blabsy63

3. That's a great shout, McCoy would be a candidate to do well on the Ducati - he could rear wheel steer like Casey, from his Aus Speedway days. Ducati need a bunch of ex-dirt trackers though I would have though Nicky would do better with his background on dirt.

One minor point though, Casey didn't ride the 990 Ducati. His first year, 2007, on Ducati was the first year of the 800cc regs. 2006 was the final year of the 990 and the final race of the year, Valencia, was won by none other than my main man Troy 'Baylisstic' Bayliss - Woooooo!

4. Hey,
    well pointed correction,ramblings southern shandy drinker,one sip I get philosophical about our beloved sport:upyeah:
    VR needs perfection? CS didn't ,wayward and fast, I'd like to see a ROAD RACER TEST IT!!!!
    That may be an eye opener,but that'll not happen......
    But as I said new season new bike new rider with factory bike,it'll be interesting.
    Best Regards
    Blabsy63

Do Not Sell My Personal Information